I've rescued a Scorpion (Sapporo) and needs some help!

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
NFV108T

I've rescued a Scorpion (Sapporo) and needs some help!

Post by NFV108T »

Hi all

UK Scorpion (Sapporo) owner here. A fellow Mitsubishi owner has sent me this way as I continue my quest for help. I have rescued one of the very few Sapporo's left over here (our registered car database shows about 30) and like anything that's been in Britain more than 6 months, it's pretty rotten. I'm aware my chances of finding body panels and the like aren't slim....they're impossible. But I was hoping my chances of getting the rear suspension back together were better. Got my fingers crossed someone's going to say it was shared with the Sigma and Galant? Mine is a Mk1 model from 1978.

Would anyone have or know where I could get hold of rear radius arms? And/or anything related to the rear suspension? Can be anywhere in the world and I've friends in Australia if people/companies don't want to ship abroad.

Here is she is.

Can anyone help?
Cottees
Admin

Re: I've rescued a Scorpion (Sapporo) and needs some help!

Post by Cottees »

With that date Sapporo, I'd say the rear diff etc. would be similar or the same as the Sigma GE/GH we got here, unless your Sapporo has IRS. In the UK, I think those models of Sigmas came out as a 'Galant Sigma'. There might be someone on here with a better answer though. good to see another car being rescued.
A112H

Post by A112H »

If it has a solid axle it is identicle to our GE and GH Scorpions, see mine pictured below, and suspension parts are available new.
If it has IRS then it is the same as the Starions and turbo Sigmas.

NFV108T

Post by NFV108T »

Thank you for your quick replies. Things are sounding promising in that case.

Apologies for the poor pictures - it's in an awkward position, dark and wet! Does this look like a Starion setup?

A112H

Post by A112H »

Nope, that is a solid axle, same as mine. Freight will be a killer on heavy parts but I am sure there are members on here that will have the trailing arms and other parts you are looking for.
NFV108T

Post by NFV108T »

Thank you! I've put a post in the wanted section so we'll see if anything comes of it. I look forward to the day I can no longer see the outside through my floor. One day....one day!