All Galant owners please read and respond

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
Galantish

Re: All Galant owners please read and respond

Post by Galantish »

GA

Bonnet
Steering wheel with good horn pad/badge
AM Radio
Rear of tail lights (bulb holder) that isnt cracked broken

GC
Chrome strip that bolts on front edge of guard Never found the right one when i had my GC :(
wheelbarrow

Post by wheelbarrow »

Dash pads... dash pads. c pillar plastic trims for sedans and hardtops. And the fibreglass lip spoiler... why stop there, wheel arch flares and rear spoilers would be good... did i mention dash pads??

Regards
Zvon
mrelshauno

Post by mrelshauno »

75wagon wrote:
2Lgalant wrote:I'm not 100% sure in other states but nsw its illagal to have fiberglass body panels
Yeah, I've got a mate with a 1600, and he has fibreglass bonnet and guards, he can't use them on his car unless it's a track car. Apparently it effects the way the car responds in an accident (crumple zones).

This is why if I make the front apron/chin spoiler that I'll make it bolt in and out. I can't see a panel that goes across the front of the car making a massive impact on the crumple zone but I don't know about everyone else, but I don't want to drill holes in my original front apron just to bolt on a spoiler. I was also planning to cut away the top right corner on the replacement apron (the bit where the overseas models have blinkers fitted) to flow more air up into the cold air intake on my wagon build.
These are the overseas style blinkers I'm referring to (under the front bar)
These aren't indicators, they are a fog light. In NZ anyway on all 4 I have owned.
mrelshauno

Post by mrelshauno »

What's the going rate for the eyebrow trim on gc/d front guards?
A112H

Post by A112H »

mrelshauno wrote:
75wagon wrote:
2Lgalant wrote:I'm not 100% sure in other states but nsw its illagal to have fiberglass body panels
Yeah, I've got a mate with a 1600, and he has fibreglass bonnet and guards, he can't use them on his car unless it's a track car. Apparently it effects the way the car responds in an accident (crumple zones).

This is why if I make the front apron/chin spoiler that I'll make it bolt in and out. I can't see a panel that goes across the front of the car making a massive impact on the crumple zone but I don't know about everyone else, but I don't want to drill holes in my original front apron just to bolt on a spoiler. I was also planning to cut away the top right corner on the replacement apron (the bit where the overseas models have blinkers fitted) to flow more air up into the cold air intake on my wagon build.
These are the overseas style blinkers I'm referring to (under the front bar)
These aren't indicators, they are a fog light. In NZ anyway on all 4 I have owned.
The ones that I own plug into the same plug used to the parking light and the indicator in the front bar. There is no model that has the light in the bar and under the bar, so I assume they should be parker and blinker.
Tj.

Post by Tj. »

Parts for repairing steering boxes.

My old man has used a guy to custom fabricate bits and fully recondition the steering box for his Datsun 2000 Sports which runs a similar style steering setup but it cost him somewhere around the $1000 mark :hit:

Windscreens (or any glass really) for hardtops too.

And yeah, pretty much everything for hardtops from the A-pillar back. Which is, thankfully, all that's left intact on mine :cry:
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
Gramps

Post by Gramps »

I want those foglights/indicators under the front bar! So bad!
Is there anywhere i can get these?
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Gramps wrote:I want those foglights/indicators under the front bar! So bad!
Is there anywhere i can get these?
They weren't available in Australia.

We have some international sellers that may be able to chase them for you.

AFC3S
skap

Although I have never personally bought items from skap, I believe everyone who has purchased items through him is happy, with not one single complaint that I know of to date, and AFC3S is a great bloke, and really easy to deal with, I've never had any problems with the items that he has supplied me or the way they were posted. So I suppose that's 100% feedback for both of them?
Just shoot both or each of them a message and see if they can get them for you, just make sure you include a picture and description of exactly what you want so there is no confusion :thumpsup:

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

75wagon wrote:The parts I find most difficult to find
- GC front eyebrow moulds (the chrome strip in front of the blinkers that meet up with the bonnet)
- straight bumpers
these can be reproduced in fibreglass and chromed
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
DVSGAL

Post by DVSGAL »

EVERYTHING is hard to find!
gdgalantlover

Post by gdgalantlover »

I think im lucky. i was looking at the eyebrows on Galant. i cant see any pits at all!. ill have to take them off soon and have a better look!
GDGALANTLOVER

Current Cars

- 1980 GH Sigma Wagon

Past Cars
- 1976 GD Chrysler Galant Sedan
- 1975 GC Valiant Galant Wagon
- 1980 Nissan Datsun Stanza
- 1978 GE Chrysler Sigma SE
- 1986 Mitsubishi RC Colt
- 1974 Mitsubishi Colt Galant A53
- 1985 Nissan Datsun 720
- 1990 Toyota Corolla SX 4AGE
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

amgis_obrut wrote:
75wagon wrote:The parts I find most difficult to find
- GC front eyebrow moulds (the chrome strip in front of the blinkers that meet up with the bonnet)
- straight bumpers
these can be reproduced in fibreglass and chromed
david, if you want any gc eyebrow chromes pm me i know a guy locally who has some
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

astronturbo77 wrote:david, if you want any gc eyebrow chromes pm me i know a guy locally who has some
I have actually picked a pair up since I wrote that.

When I get this front lip I making out of the way, I think it might be time to have a crack at remaking the interior rear pillar plastics for a GC/D.
I think I have a pair in my garage that are almost all there, so I just might be able to repair them enough to flip a mould off?
If not, I'll be after some.
I've just got to get my confidence up in mould making, and then I'm into it.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
LukeAussie

Post by LukeAussie »

david, if you want any gc eyebrow chromes pm me i know a guy locally who has some[/quote]

If 75 doesn't want 'em Astron, I wouldn't mind a pair :-)

Sounds good with the rear pillar plastics too Dave... they'll be a hot item I'm sure, if you can get a mould organised!
tandanus

Post by tandanus »

GA Heater taps that work :-)
GA/GB Rear plenum that isn't rusted out
These headlight covers from the AII
(I wish !)
T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
LukeAussie

Post by LukeAussie »

Those hidden headlights look sweet! Very US Muscle style!

With the heater taps and plenum, we did a bit of work on a previous GC I had (where the silly bugger before me ran water for years and years!), and I ended up using refrigeration copper tubes to rout water (coolant!) around, and I used gas taps for the heater controls. It was a bit fiddly getting the linkages right to the controls in the car (and admittedly, they did occasionally get stuck!), but it worked pretty well! My dad's in air-conditioning though and is a mad welder, so his skills certainly helped, but it's all doable :)
paully77galant

Post by paully77galant »

I'm having trouble finding:
original red/burgundy vinyl to repair drivers seat
interior cabin light bezel
sedan rear pillar interior trims
77-78 GD centre track rod (drag link)
sway bar mounting bushes for a 22mm sway bar
a straight GD rear garnish pannel
interior arm rests that havnt 'sagged'
side window rubber weather strips
bonnet prop clip
mic_77

Post by mic_77 »

I can get access to moulds for GC/GD bonnet, 2dr bootlid, GD front bar, 2dr rear bar but there is never enough interest to sort out someone to punch them out maybe one day.

cheers Mic
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Are the 2 door rear bars different to that on the 4 doors? I've always assumed they were the same?

Bumpers are a hard thing, from what I've heard of so far, people only want replacements if they are chrome.

Dave...
mic_77

Post by mic_77 »

It looked different to me when i removed the rear of my 2dr but I could be wrong. Paul has glass bars on his 2dr most people would not even know except for the silver paint.

cheers Mic
sirweasle

Post by sirweasle »

- GC/D front apron with intergrated front lip spoiler (this panel would bolt onto and off the front of the car using factory mounting points with no modification or drilling into panels).

If you ever made this to fit a GD. ill throw my money at you!

Have you ever seen any made before for the GDs?; been searching awhile but never come across one.

wes