GC Hardtop Winder Mechanism

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
Stickan

GC Hardtop Winder Mechanism

Post by Stickan »

Hello, all.

The saga of my '75 hardtop is now finally nearly over, having had Windscreens O'Brien manufacture me a windscreen rubber by cutting down an early model Pajero one (Triumph 2000 rubbers are also the same profile, so they can be cut & shut to fit if needs be). They did a great job & I'm really pleased they had staff who were a bit old-school. The bumpers are away being re-chromed & should be back soon & then there's some really minor reassembly & the outside's done, apart from a final wet 'n' dry & clear coat.

However, the latest (minor) problem is that the driver's window has dropped. I was able to take the trim off & see inside; it's a geared thing, like a bike front cog, that has stripped so that when I wind it, it just slips & stays there 8 - 10 cm from the top.

Does anyone know if it's the same part as used in sedans / wagons, front or rear? I know where a wagon's being wrecked. Is there another alternative anyone's heard of?

Only other problem, so far, is a leaking radiator that's off being fixed as we speak. Glad it's a metal job - at least it can be soldered back to life.

Alastair
Hobart
Tj.

Re: GC Hardtop Winder Mechanism

Post by Tj. »

Mine is doing the same thing and replacements are impossible to get. I have a set of sedan actuators that I've been meaning to cannibalise to fix mine. They're completely different parts but I reckon that the small gear on the shaft that the winder handle attaches to would be similar enough to work. They're held in with large rivet/press stud things so I think that if you drill them out and use bolts to reassemble it you might be able to fix em.
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Got a pic of the hardtop wind winder set up? i'd be curious to see just how different they are?

Sedans and wagons have the same mechanisms as each other just for the record.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
A112H

Post by A112H »

This is a drivers (R/H) door.

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Yep that certainly is different isn't it?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers