F#@$!!!

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
75glnt

F#@$!!!

Post by 75glnt »

well. i found a big box of important bits (brake parts, suspension and steering parts, electricals etc.) half full of f@#$%g water and somehow brake fluid? :wut: in all this mess. i have found the myserious wires ive been missing! :thumpsup: just one thing though... where do they go? im assuming indicators or high beam maybe... ill see if i can post a link...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 030&type=1
its down the bottom. theres a bosch silver thing... and a relay and some wire. lol.

can anyone tell me what it's for? that would be awesome!

cheers,
mick :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
75wagon
Admin

Re: F#@$!!!

Post by 75wagon »

Do you mean this pic?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

From looking at your other pics...
wtf are these for!?
Seat bolts and spacers

If you want links to work from your facebook pics, just select the photo (click on the one you want) copy the image url, then paste on here using the IMG tags.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

oh f@#king awesome! :thumpsup: thanks for that one mate. and yea that silver thing and also the relay with the inline fuse. any chance where it goes?
N/A ALL THE WAY
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

High up on the front of the drivers side strut.
It'll plug straight into the loom.
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

what loom? theres nothing there... when i got this car it was completely stripped. so im trying to complete someone elses project...
N/A ALL THE WAY
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

ImageExternal voltage regulator for the alternator.

Cheers.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Did you not get a wiring loom with the car?
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Superscan811 wrote:ImageExternal voltage regulator for the alternator.

Cheers.
umm. where does which go? my altenator plugs look like this

_
I I

the bottom left (sorry) is the power. but i dont know the rest.

and the regulator plug looks like this

_
I

theres a blue wire on the top one on the regulator that goes to the relay (87)
where does it all go to?

and 75wagon. im not exactly sure what a loom looks like :$
N/A ALL THE WAY
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

75glnt wrote:and 75wagon. im not exactly sure what a loom looks like
I mean a wiring loom

In other words the wiring that goes through the front of your car that everything connects to
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

oh... lol yea. it was a mess. but its there. theres a red with white tracer wire there that it plugged into the power plug on the altenator. i did that because thats what i little note i found in my glovebox said. but theres no other connections available in that area to go to anything. i seen an old post from the guy on here before i got it. and he ripped alot of the wire out. but i honestly have no clue. i can get pics?
N/A ALL THE WAY
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Here's the pic of the one in my wagon

I've got a voltage reg the same as your on top of the strut just because I can...
I've got heaps of them...
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

yea thats the same... i dont have that big thing (forgot what it's called :/ ) i was looking at some photos of my old gc. and i seen i was missing it on my gb. how do i get one of those?

btw. ive uploaded more pics on the same link.
sorry for being a pain :$
N/A ALL THE WAY
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I know this may sound stupid, but sometimes buying a 2nd rusted out POS is a really good thing.
You can either pinch stuff that hasn't been messed with, or at least work out what the hell has happened to yours.
75glnt wrote:sorry for being a pain
No one ever learnt anything without asking questions. That's what the site is here for...
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

75wagon wrote:No one ever learnt anything without asking questions. That's what the site is here for...
Here, here Dave! Words of pure wisdom. If only the arrogant arse hats frequenting the internet would adopt such an approach, online forums would be sooo much more user friendly :thumpsup:
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

So many shitheads on the nets it's hard to tiptoe through anywhere without getting shit on your shoes.

I like the way that this forum at least seems to have helpful understanding members :thumpsup:
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

75wagon wrote:I know this may sound stupid, but sometimes buying a 2nd rusted out POS is a really good thing.
You can either pinch stuff that hasn't been messed with, or at least work out what the hell has happened to yours.
75glnt wrote:sorry for being a pain
No one ever learnt anything without asking questions. That's what the site is here for...
thanks mate :) and yea im looking at getting a ga. salvaging everything and try to sell the bare shell if anyone wants it. just quickly. how do you think id go with that? the shell has 2 spots of surface rust and no dents at all. ill be keeping everything i can use for my gb. maybe even the 1600 and 4sp. not sure on that yet.

but back on this topic.

thanks alot guys. always a great help :)

and when i first got my gc. before i found this wonderful site :thumpsup: i tried gout to a chrysler performance forum... :facepalm: got so much shit! so when my little girls finished. im going to mopar sunday... hoping to kick some ass. should be pretty deadly once finished :thumpsup:
N/A ALL THE WAY
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

75glnt wrote:try to sell the bare shell if anyone wants it. just quickly. how do you think id go with that?
There's always someone looking for a shell to rebody their rally car into. It's just a case of having them wanting to buy when your wanting to sell.
75glnt wrote:and when i first got my gc. before i found this wonderful site i tried gout to a chrysler performance forum... got so much shit!
lol, yeah, we sort of get left out.
The Valiant guys don't accept us, and neither do the Mitsubishi guys really (because of the Chrylser/Valiant badges... identity crisis or what?).

I thought before I joined this forum that I was on my own.
I couldn't believe there were others like me.

These cars don't get enough of a rep. They are good quality cars :thumpsup:
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

75wagon wrote:
75glnt wrote:try to sell the bare shell if anyone wants it. just quickly. how do you think id go with that?
There's always someone looking for a shell to rebody their rally car into. It's just a case of having them wanting to buy when your wanting to sell.
75glnt wrote:and when i first got my gc. before i found this wonderful site i tried gout to a chrysler performance forum... got so much shit!
lol, yeah, we sort of get left out.
The Valiant guys don't accept us, and neither do the Mitsubishi guys really (because of the Chrylser/Valiant badges... identity crisis or what?).

I thought before I joined this forum that I was on my own.
I couldn't believe there were others like me.

These cars don't get enough of a rep. They are good quality cars :thumpsup:
lol yea but i dont mind that we're alone. i thought i was the same (alone) lol. i originally bought my gc as a dunga. thrash it. etc. but i drove it around a bit and fell in love with it. bought the gb i have now for the engine and box to go in my gc. but i liked the gb more. love the squarer galants. and unfortunatelly had to sell the gc. i love the galants! theyre the best car ive owned so far. and if i dont keep the ga for a little toy, i might be able to hide it under a tarp from the landlord. or hope someone wants it.

so. when i get this ga. ill salvage the bits i need for the electronics. and give this thread another bell. so i can find out where these wires go. (if i cant figure it out myself :) )
N/A ALL THE WAY