brake upgrade on a gb

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
75glnt

brake upgrade on a gb

Post by 75glnt »

Hey guys. i want a complete brake upgrade for my gb. ive read over 100 old posts and cant find what im looking for. i dont particularly want gh struts etc. but what does everyone else use on a quick galant? correct me if im wrong. bt did i see a post a few years ago of a guy who done a eb falcon strut and brake conversion? can i use commodore parts? also a strong inexpensive disc brake diff. all in se qld area.

cheers
mick :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
75wagon
Admin

Re: brake upgrade on a gb

Post by 75wagon »

I know you asked for other options, but this is some reasons why Sigma struts are so commonly used in brake conversions on Galants/Lancers.
They bolt pretty much straight in and they are cheap and easy to get hold of.

A Sigma uses the same size bearings as a Falcon but the stub axle is shorter, you can bore the outer bearing position of a Falcon hub to be used on the shorter axle. Trailer hubs are a cheap way of getting a brand new hub to use (about $40 each) galantgrunt used this conversion on his GD Galant

A Sigma strut also narrows your front wheels track so you can run wider or bigger offset rims. But there are other options, have a look at this topic http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... 54&p=73824
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
75glnt

Re: brake upgrade on a gb

Post by 75glnt »

Thanks for that :) i think ill go the sigy struts. with larger rotors and calipers. also... whats ?
a good diff for em
N/A ALL THE WAY