Starion Crossmember on GC/GD

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
RaptorReed

Starion Crossmember on GC/GD

Post by RaptorReed »

Will a Starion crossmember bolt up to the Galants? Asking before I head out next weekend to the pullapart where there is a '84 Starion, I'll be snagging the front hubs and struts off for the wagon, but am curious to know what else might interchange with our cars and the Starions. I'm replacing all the front suspension components as it is, but oem upgrading would be nice too. Looking more for a positive Yes or No if it will than hearsay that it may or may not. I understand they utilize a a extra stabilizer piece on their cars that bolts onto the control arms from the chassis, so that may require some working around as well as possibly the sway bar.

I plan on taking measurements of the Wagon's tomorrow before I head down to the yard next weekend.
Tim
94 Montero SR
79 GE Sigma Wagon
76 Galant Coupe
92 Galant VR4
88 Fiji Blue Starion
GB_BB4C

Re: Starion Crossmember on GC/GD

Post by GB_BB4C »

Yes.... But NO!
Will fit with modification's.... Have tried with a GH Sigma crossmember (would have a stab in the dark and say that they are not much different to a Starion one) and overall it is wider than the Galant one.
Someone did put a LC Lancer crossmember in a GC/D Galant and that run's the same setup with the radius rod's and didn't have to do much mod's to get it all to bolt in.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

no! bolt in a LA cross member and make up some castor rod mounts!
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
RaptorReed

Post by RaptorReed »

Hmm...damn! LA/LB Lancers aren't exactly easy to find over here just as difficult to find as it is for any of the Galants, that's why I was looking to the Starion stuff :think: .
Tim
94 Montero SR
79 GE Sigma Wagon
76 Galant Coupe
92 Galant VR4
88 Fiji Blue Starion
karl_2ltgc

Post by karl_2ltgc »

You could probably cut and shut it to make it fit. But it is too wide and would be better to start off with something with a rack. Starion front end is really not that much better than what you already have with the galant.