Fuel Tank Flush?

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
JRGC94

Fuel Tank Flush?

Post by JRGC94 »

Hey guys
just wondering whats the best way of flushing my fuel tank, i'd like to remove the tank its self how do i go about this? its a GC wagon if that makes a difference. Also what should i use to flush the tank with?
Cheers
Tom
turbol200

Re: Fuel Tank Flush?

Post by turbol200 »

what i did with mine mate was drained the fuel in to a big drum, then filtered the fuel through a rag 3 or 4 times, it come out heaps cleaner, and got the compressed air in the lines and cleaned them out, ( not into the tank lol haha) replaced the filter again, and kept a few in the back in case, i went through 4 filters but i think its good now
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door
hypeboy

Post by hypeboy »

go to a swimming pool supply and get some muiriatic acid, pour into sealed tank (Duct tape will work)(leave the filler hole open) and slosh it around let it set for ten to fifteen minutes then pour out and rinse fuel tank out three or four times with water and let it dry BE CAREFUL, THIS STUFF IS POWERFUL, WEAR PROTECTION,DON'T BREATHE THE FUMES dilute with water.
A112H

Post by A112H »

^^^ Dont pour on your lawn or and clothes or shoes you want to keep. Awesome for killing weeds :z