gc galant project rotary????

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
galantproject

gc galant project rotary????

Post by galantproject »

Hey all just bought a 77 gc galant was its got a 2.6 with an auto behind it atm, but ive got a manual box 4 it too. Was considering putting a rotary in it. Does anyone have any advise??
75wagon
Admin

Re: gc galant project rotary????

Post by 75wagon »

What sort of advice are you after?
I stripped a GC with a bridgeported 13B and a 9 inch diff in it about a year ago.

What state are you in? Check with your local registry's office to see what's legal.
In NSW Galant's (due to weight, or lack of) are limited to 2700cc N/A and 2300 turbo'd (those figures are approximates but very close.

To meet engineers requirements:
The brakes shouldn't be a problem as 13b's are 2.6, so Sigma 2.6 brake upgrades should get you there.
You'd need to meet the pollution controls of the car the motor came from.

You'd need engineers certs for any custom parts needed for the mod too.

I don't know if this is any help?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
galantproject

Post by galantproject »

Cheers Dave, Im in VIC I've changed my mind already though lol. Going to leave the sigma 2.6 thats in it for now and do some work to it head, cam etc. Ive got a 5 speed for it so ill change it over as its auto atm. Ill post some pics soon the bodys not to bad the quarters have a bit of cancer but apart from that its pretty straight. Its a 74 too btw. Its got the single headlight front does anyone have any idea if i can change it to twin?? Ive had it a day and the whole interiors stripped :thumpsup: and ive started panelbeating on one of the guards.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

galantproject wrote:Ive got a 5 speed for it so ill change it over as its auto atm.
You know about the wide and narrow block differences?
galantproject wrote:Going to leave the sigma 2.6 thats in it for now and do some work to it head, cam etc.
Astron 1 or 2?
galantproject wrote: Its got the single headlight front does anyone have any idea if i can change it to twin??
You'll need to change the headlight supports over and change the wiring, and then sort something out for parking lights (GD's have them mounted in the front bumper).
And the single headlight front can look good... here's mine

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
galantproject

Post by galantproject »

I havent heard anything about the wide or narrow block?? Ive only built holdens before so im pretty unfamiliar with everything on galant. Ive always loved the look of them and just happened to stumble across one at the right price. How do you tell if its a wide or narrow block or an astron 1 or 2??
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Look here for info.
Ultimate Topic Directory (FAQ TOPICS) (UPDATED 21/11/10)

The easiest way to tell whether it's an Astron 1 or 2 is to look for a squarish raised section on the back of the rocker cover, if it has it it's an astron 2, if it doesn't then it's a 1.

Astron1

Astron 2

Dave...
A112H

Post by A112H »

75wagon wrote:The brakes shouldn't be a problem as 13b's are 2.6,
Dave...
A 13B is actually 1308cc not 2600cc. Each rotor displaces 654cc's. However, for motorsport most countries will class rotories as double the displacement to keep classes even. Japan only rates them at 1.5% actual displacement.
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

i thought they were classified as 2.6... even thought they are 1.3L.
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
lchilds82

Post by lchilds82 »

only have one thing to say about it and thats do it, rotory all the way
4GB63t
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

PM Slimer, he has one in an LA lancer..........

I also have a set crossmembers for the 13B into LA conversion, But I doubt they'll fit the Galant as the suspension mounting points for the cross members are different.
galantproject

Post by galantproject »

I had a look it looks like the motor is it is an astron 2 and the spare motor a astron 1. Both carby no efi. The single headlight front looks geat in the pic
lchilds82

Post by lchilds82 »

4GB63t
lchilds82

Post by lchilds82 »

4GB63t
2mad

Post by 2mad »

I also have a set crossmembers for the 13B into LA conversion, [/quote]

Interested!

you got any pics???
galantproject

Post by galantproject »

ive decided to keep the 2.6 in it and work it. Just dont want the headaches of a rotary just yet (maybe later down the track lol) yeh there is pics up in the BUILDS section under MY GC GALANT
rx22nv

Post by rx22nv »

13b's are 1308cc's but are seen as to double in the eyes of the RTA and most authorities.

There are also new laws that should apply to every state that came in february that actually allow a 13b turbo in a GC/gd galant. If you can do a turbo rotary that means you can do a turbo 2.6.

They changed the formula to weight x 2.75 instead of 2.5 for cars over a certain weight.

The scheme is called NCOP, you all should check it out
GD Galant Wagon 2.6 T04E powerglide - 10.51@124,
GD Galant Sedan Starion powered
mic_77

Post by mic_77 »

I do believe an rx3 or 4 engine crossmember is an easy fit into galants for those incline.

cheers Mic