repair bill quote

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
Lowmion

repair bill quote

Post by Lowmion »

I have a question -

How do I get 3 different repair bill quotes for my Galant Turbo 2000?

Gotta arm myself with information for VCAT and get a real valuation on what it, was worth before.

So how much would you buy a fully rewired, fully rebuilt, mint interior, RWC and regoed 1984 Galant Turbo 2000 for?

Factory 4 speed auto, IRS, 4 wdb, electric everything, factory brown tint windows, digital dash, 4G63B Turbo SOHC, immaculate interior, wipers and washers on head lights, factory yellow fog lights.

It was a joy to drive, damn him....... yes Flav I'm talking about you. :ban:
Don't try to insure a 1984 Galant Turbo 2000 with RACV, they'll insist that it only came out with a super charger, and that the turbo is an illegal mod........
woops

Re: repair bill quote

Post by woops »

I would say that you should look at the valuations given to the Starions are they would be the closest match to you vehicle or maybe try and see what it'd cost to get an importer to get one in Aus for and use that as a basic valuation. A standard valuation from anywhere typical would prob try and say it's essentially a sigma and not worth much.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
Lowmion

Post by Lowmion »

well LUV were willing to insure it for 12k inspection needed, but it needed central locking, 3 point alarm and immobiliser, RACV were convinced it came with a factory super charger and not a turbo, so refused to insure it and just cars would but therir premium was insane.

As for Shannons - not impressed , lol.

it's got the GJ-GSR wide body to, with Turbo in the side moldings, looks like a sigma on steroids, lol
Don't try to insure a 1984 Galant Turbo 2000 with RACV, they'll insist that it only came out with a super charger, and that the turbo is an illegal mod........
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

You should ask for specs on the supercharged engine.......lol
Ask them for a pic of one with a supercharger.

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
Lowmion

Post by Lowmion »

woops wrote:I would say that you should look at the valuations given to the Starions are they would be the closest match to you vehicle or maybe try and see what it'd cost to get an importer to get one in Aus for and use that as a basic valuation. A standard valuation from anywhere typical would prob try and say it's essentially a sigma and not worth much.

I love that idea, now to figure out who in Japan sells them, and work out the frieght, compliance plates etc
Rallyant
Location: Ringwood, Melbourne, (Newport Syd atm) & Seychelles

Post by Rallyant »

Lowmion wrote: As for Shannons - not impressed , lol.
realy? shannons were wanting to insure for my Galant for 12k overthe phone.
A112H

Post by A112H »

^^^ I gotta say I too have found Shannons perfect. I have my Hardtop insured with them layed up for $5,000 no inspection. They also insured my 2000 VR4 for $19,000 sight unseen and that was the only one in SA at the time and one of 7 in the country.
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

Maybe I should up my GC, its only for $1200.....however its not really mint.
Do Shannons give you a salvage option?

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

When I was looking at importing a Supra from Japan, and also researching the insurance that would go along with it. I remember reading that the value for it for insurance is the total cost of getting it, which was cost at auction/sale, shipping, compliance, taxes, etc. Everything except for the registration.