4g63t that is oging into my GB---HELP

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
lchilds82

4g63t that is oging into my GB---HELP

Post by lchilds82 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGcQGWGnHcA
Yeah its the engine out of that Yellow Hyundai coupe that most of you guys saw on ebay, well let me say this i picked up the car for 900 dollars hoping that it would run but expecting the worst, ive had it for 2 weeks and now i have seen the engine running so now i will be stripping it out of the hyundai and chucking it in the GB, should be a lethal weapon once im finished,
So i know there is a few guys that have done this and i have done searches and so far i can see that its not the easiest conversion due to room in the engine bay, i plan on cutting the firewall, to me that just seems like the eastiest option,
Other things i will need and any help here would be greatly appreciated; are
Starion engine mounts
Battery relocated to boot
custom piping
plenum turned to face the other way
i was thinking supra 5 speed(any other options that will be strong enough)
not sure about diff yet but have seen a few options
anything left that i realy need to know about, any help would greatly appreciated especially from guys that have done this before
4GB63t
ted

Re: 4g63t that is oging into my GB---HELP

Post by ted »

you will also have to modify the water pipes that run underneath the exhaust manifold and a few other bits and pieces
lchilds82

Post by lchilds82 »

yeah i have checked out glants work on his thread, i have a bit of an idea of whats a head of me, im also getting alot of help from some mates
4GB63t
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Post by oldn64 »

AInlet will need to be turned yes firewall does need to be cut and boxed. yes it will be lethal. A mate has one in his LB lancer I race with, bloody quick car and very neat conversion. He is running a lancer diff still and a W56 box, only lunched it mid last year after 10 years of happy running.

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
Bolty

Post by Bolty »

Hay there just wondering about the vr4 conversion in the gb is going just doing one myself just wondering if you know anything on the registering of it
Bolty

Post by Bolty »

Hay there just wondering how you went with the fire wall as im doing one myself and how ill go with regency