brake up grade gb galant

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
guylant

brake up grade gb galant

Post by guylant »

hey guys just need some info on discs and calipairs im running sigma struts discs and calipairs on my gb galant and wanting to up grade the discs & calipairs on it i heard that magna & skylines fit ? wanting to put ventelated and cross drilled one on it if i can. not wanting to go bigger as they just fit in in side my 13inch rims any info or ideas would b great thanx
karl_2ltgc

Re: brake up grade gb galant

Post by karl_2ltgc »

No dice. No easy upgrades.

Just buy some new rotors ($45 a piece) and get some Bendix Ultimates or some other sporty kinda pad (last time i bought them were about $120 probably gone up now), or maybe try some QFM pads.
Standard pads are shit.
Rallyant
Location: Ringwood, Melbourne, (Newport Syd atm) & Seychelles

Post by Rallyant »

they might,
The magna rotors should bolt onto the sigma hubs, but im not sure about those calipers going straight on?
Are the struts froma GH sigma with the bolt on caliper bracket? If so its not to hard to have a bracket made up to suit the caliper/ rotor combo you want.

I am currently looking at all my upgrade options and will let you know how I go. The upgrade will work on both the std GC/GD galant and GH scorp/sig(removable bracket) struts, with only a slightly diferent bolt pattern for the bracket on the strut.
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

anyone know dimensions of a galant rotar?
check this out n let me know..
http://bremboaftermarket.com/En/Car_Dis ... ster=17259
guylant

Post by guylant »

Rallyant wrote:they might,
The magna rotors should bolt onto the sigma hubs, but im not sure about those calipers going straight on?
Are the struts froma GH sigma with the bolt on caliper bracket? If so its not to hard to have a bracket made up to suit the caliper/ rotor combo you want.

I am currently looking at all my upgrade options and will let you know how I go. The upgrade will work on both the std GC/GD galant and GH scorp/sig(removable bracket) struts, with only a slightly diferent bolt pattern for the bracket on the strut.
they are gh struts but the caliper braket is part of the strut im not sure on the size of the discs nor the size of magna discs il find out im doing the same as u with the discs and calipers any info i will let u know too
karl_2ltgc

Post by karl_2ltgc »

Glen, if you make up some dog bones for green legs let me know il probably take a pair.
A112H

Post by A112H »

karl_2ltgc wrote:Glen, if you make up some dog bones for green legs let me know il probably take a pair.
+1
Rallyant
Location: Ringwood, Melbourne, (Newport Syd atm) & Seychelles

Post by Rallyant »

no worries guys, ill get a few sets of whatever i do cut up just incase anyone else might want them.

what size rotors did you guys want?
A112H

Post by A112H »

I don't really know what our options are for GH Struts??? DBA do a slotted rotor to suit R31 GTS Skyline thats 274mm