Galant Centre Console.

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
31EGL

Galant Centre Console.

Post by 31EGL »

Wat centre console fits the best to a 2.6ltr, 5 speed manual uprade on a GD Galant? My original centre console does not fit where the shifter comes through the floor cos ov the longer and bigger 5 speed box. Or do i just cut and shut the original console to suit the bigger box? But im to lazy to do that lol, so if anyone knos plz let me kno. Cheers
'76 GD Galant'
'76 GD Hardtop' (New Build)
75wagon
Admin

Re: Galant Centre Console.

Post by 75wagon »

How much further from the firewall is the gearstick from standard?

My 2 litre sigma 5 speed stick is 1 inch further back than standard.
I just moved my console brackets the inch....You can't tell unless you've got another on to compare it to.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
woops

Post by woops »

There's a few different positions available on the gearboxes for where the gearstick comes out. Many of the 2.6 Jap boxes have the extension housing on the gearbox something like this.

Haven't ever had to swap any extension housings over to fit it in the car but aparently it's possible. I just don't think you can use the 4 speed gearstick due to different lockouts.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
31EGL

Post by 31EGL »

I think i have the Jap 5 Speed, not sure tho cos my older brother done the conversion. When my i put into reverse gear, my handbrake hits the shifter when i lift my handbrake. And im not sure wat gear box mount to use. I just got the standard gear box mount with the gearbox sitting on top ov it lol. Been like that for like 3-4 years, Its dodgy azz but been to lazy to try and fix it. So not sure wat to do. Gunna sell my galant soon so i need to fix this stuff before i do. Any hints and tips would be great :P
'76 GD Galant'
'76 GD Hardtop' (New Build)
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

the mount I am using is out of a '77 to '81 lancer hatch.
It's similar to the standard mount, but the part that bolts to the gearbox has the holes further apart.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
dshivan

Post by dshivan »

Has anyone tried the Scorpion center console in the Galant?
oldcolt2

Post by oldcolt2 »

quick Q!
did the GA come with a center console in AU?
cheers
rick
damn dodge!!!
A112H

Post by A112H »

Yes they did, I believe it was very similar to the GC GD Galant around the shifter just short and not joining up with the dash. See if I can find you some pics.

Cheers
Jason
woops

Post by woops »

Are you serious? I've only ever seen the GB and GA galants to have only a rubber surround around the manual shifter and the auto to have a plastic garnish around the gearstick. I tried to fit in the GD centre console in the gb but it requires too much modification to fit. I figure it'd just be easier to make one from scratch.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
A112H

Post by A112H »

LOL, it probably would be easier to make one or maybe a Sigma one would fit, they are pretty narrow.
The pic I posted above is the exact same as the one in my old GA
oldcolt2

Post by oldcolt2 »

woops wrote:Are you serious? I've only ever seen the GB and GA galants to have only a rubber surround around the manual shifter and the auto to have a plastic garnish around the gearstick. I tried to fit in the GD centre console in the gb but it requires too much modification to fit. I figure it'd just be easier to make one from scratch.
thats exactly how mine is!!!!
nothin in the middle cept for rubber surroundings.
well i thought it didnt have one due to the fact it was american.
not that i wanted one neither but i was just wondering.

cheers
rick
damn dodge!!!
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Galant_GT0 wrote:Yes they did, I believe it was very similar to the GC GD Galant around the shifter just short and not joining up with the dash. See if I can find you some pics.

Cheers
Jason
This pic has the same console/ surround that my GB galant auto had.
I still think the best option is the original console (just mounted further back, as in my car, is the best option) nothing else seems to suit.
31EGL wrote:Wat centre console fits the best to a 2.6ltr, 5 speed manual uprade on a GD Galant? My original centre console does not fit where the shifter comes through the floor cos ov the longer and bigger 5 speed box. Or do i just cut and shut the original console to suit the bigger box? But im to lazy to do that lol, so if anyone knos plz let me kno. Cheers
Doesn't the 2.6 manual gearstick come up about the same place as the handbrake in a galant?
Isn't that why everybody fits the auto 2.6 block with the 2lt 5 speed?
That's the Gbox that I have in mine. The standard console is fine for that.
oldcolt2

Post by oldcolt2 »

that one on the auto looks nice though.
damn dodge!!!
colt72jay

Post by colt72jay »

just wanted to share the center console that came with my 2 door colt.
this is the car thats with the center console
oldcolt2

Post by oldcolt2 »

colt72jay wrote:just wanted to share the center console that came with my 2 door colt.
this is the car thats with the center console
that really looks nice bro!!!
i have nothin on mines.
haha
looks nice though man!!
cheers
rick
damn dodge!!!
colt72jay

Post by colt72jay »

there are a lot of those i could get here in the philippines! its standard from the 72 - 78 models
guylant

Post by guylant »

thats true ive never seen a standed console in a gb galant i was going to put a lancer one in but i didnt like the look of it so i put a modified 180b one in instead Image
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

31EGL wrote:Wat centre console fits the best to a 2.6ltr, 5 speed manual uprade on a GD Galant? My original centre console does not fit where the shifter comes through the floor cos ov the longer and bigger 5 speed box. Or do i just cut and shut the original console to suit the bigger box? But im to lazy to do that lol, so if anyone knos plz let me kno. Cheers
just use the standard GD console, you just have to move the mounting brackets back i chopped the middle out of the rear mounting bracket so i could position each side ( left and right ) individually and line it up with the console
I want to go down on you and make you really happy, then i want to come back up slowly and fuck you real good, yours sincerely Petrol prices.