avg price of a galant?

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
kal-el

avg price of a galant?

Post by kal-el »

ive been looking at a few galants, i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on what an avg price for one would be. im looking at one at the moment all mechanicals basically rebuilt pretty good interior body is fairly good just has a few parts where paints has kind of blistered and there is not a rust hole but slightly worse than surface rust. i think a sand back and a coat of paint would do it fine. no rego. its a manual and its blue anyone have an idea on what this one would be worth?

next one is a white galant has about 96,000km 4 speed manual again recons it has no rust excellent body and trim etc. if anyone can give me an idea on what these cars are worth id appreciate it thanks. even ball park figures would b good cheers.
Torana68

Re: avg price of a galant?

Post by Torana68 »

.. hit up Ebay and see what they are going for, probbaly not much, you should mention year, body style (wagon? sedan and doubtfull but Coupe?) manual or auto, miles, mods/options, colour...... from $100 to $1000 would probbaly cover all of them, you could get one with rego for $1000 if you look about, check the red Lancer on ebay $800 ish? little rust but a good project (dont buy anything sight unseen)
Roger
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
kal-el

Post by kal-el »

Yeah ive checked ebay but the prices vary way too much on there to get an idea what theyre worth. theyre both manuals both stock standerd both sedans, neither of them are rwc or rego the blue one has 300,000km the other has 96ish km. the blue one the guy wants 1200 and the guy wit the white one wants 1g both are ono.
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

wouldnt touch one with 300 thou on it , unless its all new with receipts most bits are just about stuffed, more a parts car $200, the other one no idea, I guess your talking GC/GD? if so buy one with a perfect dash as finding a good one is bloody hard, dont buy one with rust, there are lots of these about just be patient.
Roger
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
boyracer

Post by boyracer »

You first have to scratch your head.
Decide what it's worth to you...
Consider what it's worth to your insurance company.

http://www.redbook.com.au/used-cars/res ... Id=1407342

We do it the dumb way "like it buy it"

-----------------------------------------------
1 X GC GALANT HARDTOP
1 X GD GALANT HARDTOP
3x la lancer 2door
2x gc galant hardtop
1x gc galant wagon
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

take off the cost of rego and that doesnt leave a lot! buy the best you can afford with what you want to do in mind, if you are dead set on an Anchortron update no point buying one with a new Saturn engine, if your a panel beater dont buy one thats dead straight but with worn out mechanicals ......that sort of thing....
Roger
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

hahaha for something that had 1000 made this is bullshit.

http://www.redbook.com.au/used-cars/det ... 08E1F2F8E5
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

[quote="GC75"]hahaha for something that had 1000 made this is bullshit.

supply and demand, the number of people who want one is tiny, what was only 1000 made? I dont know of any that are low production??? they were sold all over the place??
Roger
EVL076
S-G Veteran

Post by EVL076 »

you can have my galant for 6k... nothing less :lol:

but..... i paid $500 for it when i started out, and its a fairly clean example. so i say anywhere from $500 to $1500 for a good neat stock example?

but the way things go, its worth what someone is willing to pay for it
Image Image
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

umm well, these are the prices ive paid.
-my first Gc was $100 bucks, and a bit rough,
- My GC wagon i paid $1000,
- my Gb sedan was mint and paid $900 with rego one owner,
-my GD coupe i paid $550 and it was very rusty, but fixed now,
-my newest edition GD wagon i just brought was $450 and in average used condition.

and wrecks ive had
-Gc sedan, free good condition
-GD wagon, $25 buks, good condition
-GC coupe, flat black $250
anyhways hope this gives you a rough idea on prices, A good price is from 200 to say 2000 for a one owner jobbie.
cheers
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Just sold my Galant for $17,500 to a guy in WA, never seen it, no questions asked.