installing bags in a galant coupe?

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
GC75
Admin

installing bags in a galant coupe?

Post by GC75 »

is this possible? does anyone know if anyones done it? i rekon it would be all kinds of awesomeness.

anyone with a bit of knowledge help me understand the process haha
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
sigmare

Re: installing bags in a galant coupe?

Post by sigmare »

LOL A basic kit will set you back a lot more than your car cost. Not to mention the cost of installation.
COBWBS

Post by COBWBS »

sigmare wrote:LOL A basic kit will set you back a lot more than your car cost. Not to mention the cost of installation.

He dont care about money he's a uni student working a coles part time, he can afford the bags and a SR20 conversion..

He already has webbers. how much fast do u need to go..
Formerly known as QIKSIG
2.6 Turbo 72 GA Galant on straight LPG
77 Lancer
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

the front will be the pain as you'll need a strut made to suit, the rear will be easy

at least you wont need to pay to get them fitted
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

sigmare keep your opinion to yourself, not like it matters to anyone anyways.

and how is 400 more then my car? you offered me 3000 and got knocked back? i can see why ur angry :lol:

also any idea what bags i can use? and how do i install them?
mrd
God Admin

Post by mrd »

Lol a bit of politeness never hurt anyone. Sigmare is giving his honest opinion - though harshly put,. GC you dont have to get quite so offended by him. COBWBS your comment aint helpful at all, be constructive. This place reminds me of a primary school playground sometimes.
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

Luke its not much of a fact when bags are worth 400 new... lol.

My speakers alone cost more then that :lol:

can anyone link me to a set of bags that will work on my galant, muchly appreciated haha

EDIT: me a uni student? :shock: :shock: :shock:

also how are bags to maintain? i know it sounds somewhat stupid and different... but im all for that kind of stuff... hence why i bought the car in the first place.
COBWBS

Post by COBWBS »

mrd wrote:Lol a bit of politeness never hurt anyone. Sigmare is giving his honest opinion - though harshly put,. GC you dont have to get quite so offended by him. COBWBS your comment aint helpful at all, be constructive. This place reminds me of a primary school playground sometimes.
sorry mr D

I'm not surprised that nobody wants to help GC75, He really has a attitude problem, You wont hear anything else from me.

Scotty :mrgreen:
Formerly known as QIKSIG
2.6 Turbo 72 GA Galant on straight LPG
77 Lancer
sigmare

Post by sigmare »

GC75 wrote:Luke its not much of a fact when bags are worth 400 new... lol.

My speakers alone cost more then that :lol:

can anyone link me to a set of bags that will work on my galant, muchly appreciated haha

EDIT: me a uni student? :shock: :shock: :shock:

also how are bags to maintain? i know it sounds somewhat stupid and different... but im all for that kind of stuff... hence why i bought the car in the first place.
You seriously have no idea what your talking about and i CBF with you so just look at the burnin customs website.
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

tell me whats so hard to understand sigmare? or infact what i dont underastand? the bags? well thats why i asked here :roll:

COBWBS you dont want to help me out of all people after all ive done for this site? think about it man stop jumping on your little groups bandwagon and grow up.

im an admin here helping in a way i can. Im not good with mechanical things yet but im learning, so me being here i thought i would share or help the community with my knowledge...

now ask yourself if your prepared to help? if not your either in denial or just being simple minded. :roll:

either way i dont care for your little comments, if your not here to help with my request why post?

why? because YOU both have a problem. One i can understand but as for you COBWBS whats ur reason?
lpgalant

Post by lpgalant »

damn, was gonna watch jay and silent bob, but this is more interesting, just gonna get me a bourbon and a packet of salt and vinegar chips, anyone
69 vf valiant coupe 225 efi turbo
74 gc galant 2.6 stroker 3.0
lpg c10 9 inch gt 4088 roller
mrd
God Admin

Post by mrd »

I understand the frustration that seems to be flying around in this post. Yes GC has had a rough ride in trying to come to terms with his firey attitude,. but he IS trying to work on that. and yeah bags might not be everyone cup of tea (not mine either) he's just putting the question out there.

Can I please point out that without the help of GC75 we would still be waiting 15 minutes for a page to load due to my restricted time and private commitments, 95% of this new grey orange forum is the result of his doing. So at the end of the day, if you "CBF" explaining things or helping GC75 then just scroll right past the thread and move onto the next one please.

We need to start putting some of the old crap behind us. I'm all for addressing inappropriate behavior, but thats my job and regular forum members don't need to concern themselves with it.

Theres a huge range of ages, experience levels, and customization tastes in this forum. In turn I would hope that people (mostly adults ... people would have me believe) repect that and try to keep things positive. Fighting immaturity with more immaturity fuels the situation, doesn't set a good example for anyone, and turns away people who would potentially help make the forum a better place.

Nothing against anyone in this thread - I and many others love having your input, but please keep it constructive, civil, and relevant, and if you can't then please just bite your tounge and move on. :)

COBWBS, it's not that I don't want to hear from you dude, just keep it nice and peachy. :)
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

lpgalant wrote:damn, was gonna watch jay and silent bob, but this is more interesting, just gonna get me a bourbon and a packet of salt and vinegar chips, anyone
would help if you were silent bob sometimes haha :lol:

and jeez im sick of having to be a keyboard warrior guys, get over it. We are here for sigma-galant purposes not bitch fights.
sigmare

Post by sigmare »

As annoying as it can getting put down GC.I get annoyed when i try to tell you how things are and then get abused for my input. Seriously, im not convinced your about to go spend $3500 on an airbag kit and another $3500 to get it installed for you. Because as you said yourself your not the most mechanically capable. So when i tell you something try to listen.
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

fair enough pretty much i checked ebay.. didnt know u needed a kit... and i found some going for like $1000...

dont need 4 of them... so wouldnt need a full kit anyways...

would only have it in the rear.
whats the supposed to mean you'll do it for my or its easy? haha :lol:
sigmare

Post by sigmare »

Next time don't ask for an opinion from people if you get shitty because it's not the response you expect to hear.
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

GC75 wrote:fair enough pretty much i checked ebay.. didnt know u needed a kit... and i found some going for like $1000...

i could make time to fit these :lol:
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

amgis_obrut wrote:
GC75 wrote:fair enough pretty much i checked ebay.. didnt know u needed a kit... and i found some going for like $1000...

i could make time to fit these :lol:
sigmare obviously i posted for my specific answer, not the beat around the bush discussion you delivered.

and ya prick make time for bags haha :lol: your probably saying that knowing its a long way off :lol: or you just wanna do it? :oops:

do my rust if ya want a job haha :lol: :oops:
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

body work is a time intensive job fitting bags is not ;)
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

installing bags is a very time consuming thing.....

i have been down the bags route once before (had a hilux mini truck) and sure the installation of the struts in the rear shouldn't be too hard, once you have the struts in you need to set up all the air lines and compressor set up, along with the guages for the setup.

then once this is done, you need to get it engineered (to be street legal) and then there is the maintenance.

bags take a lot of maintenance - draining the compressor, to remove condensation build up, then checking all air lines for leaks, all valves for leaks and then there is the strong chance that a bag pops, then you have to be able to get home and replace the bag( not as easy as it seems - trust me)

so in the end like the others have said, it is a very expensive opperation. you would be looking at around $3,000 minimum (for a cheap set up) without being engineered. double that and the rest if you want a good setup and to be engineered.

the best option for you is to get a coil over setup - no hassles with leaks or anything and better handling.

you will still have to go through the whole installation process but the end result will be much greater and the most important of all, little to no police troubles.....

good luck
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

sigmare

Post by sigmare »

GC 75. Seeing as your an admin on this site, would you be able to create a icon which demonstrates a head beating against the wall so i can use it on all your posts?

I'd like to know how the real admins of the site let you refer to me as a prick. If i spoke to you like that you'd probably remove my account.
But then again thats the ONLY reason you are still here because your admin. If you were on any other site you'd be long gone.

Cheers
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

sigmare wrote:GC 75. Seeing as your an admin on this site, would you be able to create a icon which demonstrates a head beating against the wall so i can use it on all your posts?

I'd like to know how the real admins of the site let you refer to me as a prick. If i spoke to you like that you'd probably remove my account.
But then again thats the ONLY reason you are still here because your admin. If you were on any other site you'd be long gone.

Cheers
ah the prick was aimed at me but its ok i have broad shoulders
lpgalant

Post by lpgalant »

caramel or colored popcorn boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

the prick wasn't even directed at sigmare, stop jumping to conclusions.

and all this could be resolved if you ALL stopped posting on my thread trying to hijack it with bullocks.

i asked a question which is pretty straight forward... pretty much a few posted on my topic giving me answers i wouldnt expect.

so get off my case.

and tufsig i never delete ur posts? :shock:
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

amgis_obrut wrote:body work is a time intensive job fitting bags is not ;)

:lol: :lol:

and sigmare believe it or not this is a very very very small site to what i usually deal with. :lol:
lpgalant

Post by lpgalant »

last post on page 1 lol, new page, and more tim tams, im puttin on weight man lol.
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

nice life mate, really you find this enjoying? if so your sadder then i expected.

ban evading and posing as someone else, trolling my posts with lame garbage.. really must be entertaining i can see it now. :shock: :lol: :lol: :roll:

then again you are sigmares friend, your probably as good looking as him to :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh snap :D
webby

Post by webby »

Bugger, there's no facepalm jigger
Seriously, I was better behaved as a psycho 9 year old than half the people on here. Not cool.
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

gunna have to add some more emotes i think ay :lol:

and as an admin i shouldnt have to get involved in this stuff, but i have so yeah pretty much ends now.
mrd
God Admin

Post by mrd »

Way too far off topic in this thread. I'm almost tempted to go through and delete all the off topic posts, but I know it will just reaccumulate. Everyone please only post relevant, on topic posts.

Sigmare (and others), please read posts carefully before you jump to conclusions. The "prick" was not directed at you - it was directed at someone who was being helpful and friendly in a joking way and that person got the joke and gave a winky smiley back... so no harm done and no offensive language was involved.

GC if anyone posts anything that isnt relevant or helpful pelase just ignore them - people can see who's being irrelevant and unhelpful without you getting your back up about it. Same goes to the mods.

Cheers.