galant front end questions

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
GC75
Admin

galant front end questions

Post by GC75 »

are coupes the same from the front onwards to radiator support panel? my cars been in a crash and i wish to repair the front end with a gc sedan single head lighter... does anyone know if i cut from the strut forward that it matches?

i wanna use 4 headlights and somehow weld 2 of them off mine to the new support panel... is all this possible? just need confirmation that there the same.
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: galant front end questions

Post by astronturbo77 »

im pretty sure they are the same mate. post up some pics of the damage so that i can get a better idea ;)
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

astronturbo77

Post by astronturbo77 »

it just looks as though the rad support panel is bent in a curved fashion. i would strap the car down and use a porta power / chain block and see if it will straighten out or weather its worth cutting and shuttin
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

its somewhat bent between the strut and the radiator panel though... thats my problem

will look into any method i can to...
astronturbo77

Post by astronturbo77 »

if it was my car. i would buy a cheap GD wag or sedan, must be 4 headlight one. and stip the front ends of both cars. then get measurements off of the parts car(make sure it hasnt been damaged) AND COMPARE THE measurements with your coupe. try and jack out the damage before you start cutting spot welds etc. if all else fails then you can use the parts car for the new steel.
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

its what im planning on doing... was thinking the single head lights wouldnt look to bad on the coupes... then i can just have 1 set of lights which i would prefer... also my grill is shit i wish to replace it, and i know where a mad single head light grill is...

never seen a coupe with 2 headlights anyways... so would be different i suppose.
astronturbo77

Post by astronturbo77 »

i would try and keep with the four headlights but its your car ;) in tas there isnt many gc's getting around for the twin headlight fronts. i know a mate who has a complete rad suppost panelGD that the cut off a wrecked car. as far as i know only the american coupes had the two headlight fronts.
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

To put a GC front on the car ya need the grill, indicators, front fenders and the headlight buckets. I am doing this to a mates coupe because the high beam's holes are now taken up by the intercooling piping.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

GB_BB4C wrote:To put a GC front on the car ya need the grill, indicators, front fenders and the headlight buckets. I am doing this to a mates coupe because the high beam's holes are now taken up by the intercooling piping.
lol thanks captain for stating the obvious, but yeah... i rekon 2 head lights would be better, especially if you upgrade the lights to that hectic shit i forgot the name of.

pretty much i hate the 4 head lights as it is, i just leave it on high beam :lol: :lol: those xeon lights do my head in anyways and i know mine are duller then those pricks lol.

Also i notice the 4 head light grills are hard to get, i know of a 2 head light grill in perfect nick that i can take any time so yeah it would be the easier... and ive decided to somewhat modify my coupe but keep the parts to keep it somewhat original if i want it that way in the future.

I bought the car for its look and design not anything else really, so i couldn't care about originality... unless its actually worth something in the future lol.