clutches

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
GbgalantLblancer

clutches

Post by GbgalantLblancer »

hey guys i have a 1974 gb galant 4 door and is currently auto, i am in the process of converting it to a manual and was wondering what box to use on the 1.6. and does anyone know if there are still new aftermarket clutches available? :mrgreen:
Torana68

Re: clutches

Post by Torana68 »

a std clutch is fine for a std engine unless you abuse the thing.... aftermarket? not that I know of this is a old car no one cares ! :) if the engine is modified you can get button clutch/ hd pressure plate made up but thats more than most guys here spend on the car in total , Any 4/5 speed Galant ,Lancer and Jap Sigma ones will fit, check the distance betwween upper bolt holes to be sure, and search here and the old site for detailis
Roger
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

Torana68 wrote:a std clutch is fine for a std engine unless you abuse the thing.... aftermarket? not that I know of this is a old car no one cares ! :)
I would have thought any clutch for it would be "aftermarket" .. I doubt you would find a genuine Mitsubishi one for it ?

Clutches for them are no drama - my GB rally car has an off-the-shelf HD clutch in it, but can't remember the brand. I think the box might still be in the shed - I'll have a look & see if there's a part no. or something.
GbgalantLblancer

Post by GbgalantLblancer »

cheers guys yer i just pulled the box outa my lancer rally car nd the button clutch fits the 5 speed i have so yer ill get an old one i have re co nd changed to a brass button cheers
jesse