Coupe Questions?

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
GC75
Admin

Coupe Questions?

Post by GC75 »

got a few questions on the agenda..

firstly can i use qtr panels off a sedan to repair or use on my coupe.. are they the same?

Can the strut of a sedan be cut from the front to radiator support panel? I wish to mend my front end :D As it has had a bang.

How do i go about removing those chrome strips along the car? alot of people ive seen that painted didnt remove it... also is paying for someone to remove the window a wise choice? alot of people seem to leave them in.

I've been told my car has a scoprion brake and everything conversion.. if true how do i go about replacing my brakes?

also this vl brake booster? how hard is it to put on?
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Coupe Questions?

Post by astronturbo77 »

the quater panels are slightlr different around the pillar on a coupe as the pillar is soped forward more, i would imagine that they are longer on the coupe also. May i ask what is wrong with your quater panels? rust?

As for the 'strut' on the rad support panel....do you mean the bar that goes infront of your radiator? if this is bent simply straighten it or cut and shut a straight section in.

the chrome strips along the side of your car may be stick on or have clips, i would be very cautious about reoving these as there may be plenty of holes that will need to be welded up if you want to smooth the panels.

With removing the windows, i would recomend removing them if u planning on a respsray. you ould get a professional to do it, or just do it yourself. Just a tip, if u do it yourself, invest in a good lino knife and a heat gun.

hope that points u in the right direction
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

rust on the top bit near the pillar.

from the radiator forward to the strut is a little bent, so i want to mend it with another car if possible.

and yes the bar infront of the radiator plus the headlight holder loom things.

ill look into it.

Probably gunna get it done in that matt black primer, might be cheaper with the amount of rust im getting done through him anyways.

cheers
Decrepit

Post by Decrepit »

Just had a look at my GD parts list (I know you have a GC but the two models are very similar).

The front fender assembly (Part No's MB015629RH & MB015628LH) are the same for sedan, wagon and hardtop. I know that the indicator light hole is different between models but I believe the panels to be the same otherwise.

Engine hood or bonnet (Part No. MB020419) is the same for all. The hardtop has a different release cable. I have trial fitted a GD bonnet to my GC and it does fit.

Panel assembly, headlamp and radiator mounting (that's what the book calls it) Part No. MB063880 is the same for all. The parts book shows different part Nos. for the radiator and cowl for the hardtop but the parts from a GD sedan or wagon will fit as this is what I currently have.

"A" Pillars are all different.

There are also differences with the grille and side light trims for the hardtops.

Remember that the hardtop was manufactured in Japan and has Mitsubishi part No's whilst the sedan and wagon were manufactured in Australia and have Chrysler part No's. Sometimes the parts are the same.

Hope this helps :geek:

Randolph
75 GC Hardtop
Tj.

Post by Tj. »

The chrome strip that runs along the bottom of the doors is held in with i think 3 or 4 barb type metal clips (which I'm pretty sure you can still get from spectrum rubber in St Mary's) and mine has a small screw at the rear end of the strip. Not sure if its original or been put in by some hack many years ago. I put em back in so i didnt have to patch the holes and i dont trust the clips.

IMO, the car looks a lot better with the strips on.
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

cheers guys appreciate it.