Front controll arm bushes

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
vr4galant

Front controll arm bushes

Post by vr4galant »

Hello

Has anyone changed their controll arm bushes in their galant and what are the torque settings on the outer bolts. Has any one done nolathane?
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Re: Front controll arm bushes

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

Hey mate I realise this post is over a year old but thought I would reply for those wanting information.

I changed out the factory rubber bushes in my GC for Nolathane bushes.....don't do it. The kit is wrong. The bushes are too big and mushroom and split when you press them into the correct position.
As well as this, the washers which sit on the front with the bolts, the inner crush tube in the Nolathane kit is too long by about 3-4mm.

If anyone is thinking about doing this measure the kit first and you may need to turn down the bushes first...or just stick with the factory rubber ones.

Thanks
Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Front controll arm bushes

Post by Scorpma82 »

This is something I investigated for my project.... perfect for the situation of N/A or NLA/Obsolete etc......or if U just want to try it urself

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2_0BYvTkZ0o
Built with pride, Driven in anger