GC Suspension & Diff Uprgrade

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
RyBj

GC Suspension & Diff Uprgrade

Post by RyBj »

Im in the process at the moment of purchasing some struts from a GH with plans to put bigger disks on, new callipers, super low springs and new shocks. Also possibly some camber tops. i need to know which are the best parts for the rebuild ie shocks, calliper and springs. I am also trying to find a diff to replace mine and im leaning towards a Borg Warner 78, does it fit without shortening it? im planning on running sigma turbo globes on the car to give an idea of fitment. Any tips or help will be greatly appreciated.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: GC Suspension & Diff Uprgrade

Post by Scorpma82 »

Best parts really depends on ur budget and extent of upgrade.......as for the diff......any decent diff needs to be shortened....... Unless u go for something weird like an S2000 or something
Built with pride, Driven in anger
RyBj

Post by RyBj »

Any idea as to what parts fit to the sigma struts in order to upgrade them? What suspension will i have to install once ive got say a shortened BW78 in there?
RyBj

Post by RyBj »

is it possible to fit a BW78 without shortening it?
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

Sure u can!!!!!!

But ull be running 200mm flares and a 165 tyre to makes it fit!!!

I remember doing some reading on for some time......the shortest BW78 I found was a Chrysler century.......ur best option for the least amount of work would be something of an Australian built car built at the same period of time..........look at Toyota corona (the avante was the l performance model) and the bluebird s3.....both ran bw asses (tho I don't know if it was a 78), both ran four stud wheel, and both had a similar width to the sigma
Built with pride, Driven in anger
A112H

Post by A112H »

The hardtops are a little wider across the rear than the sedans but not heaps.
I run a stock width Scorpion diff with
16x8 +13 rims. I had to roll the lips but they fit fine.
and with Sigma turbo rims

This is what I would be looking at if I was you, same stud pattern and thread pitch, disc brakes and better hand brake :thumpsup:
Shame you are in WA as freight cost would be crazy as I have a complete Scorpion 10 bolt diff here, converted to suit Galant that I could part with.
A112H

Post by A112H »

As far as front end goes, VB-VR, I think, Commodore inserts suit and they offer the full range of dampers you could ever want.
Springs would be the usual suspects like King, Eibach, Pedders, Lovells and so on
RyBj

Post by RyBj »

Alright im getting down to the pointy end of my suspension re-vamp and I'm in need of particulars. Ive been searching the web and this lovely furom far and wide and cant seem to find what i need. I have purchased some struts from a GH sigma and I'm getting closer to fully rebuilding them. Q1 Is the GH strut taller that the galants original strut and if so are there any springs that fit this strut that are lowered more than a 30mm? Q2 Which callipers are going to best suit this set up and will be easy to find and fit. Q3 Are there any companies that manufacture tramp bars for galants? I'm sick of my tailshaft and diff trying to jump through the floor every time I stomp it.
71GA

Post by 71GA »

I used king springs KHFL-116. They aren't listed for galant' s but worked in my GA.

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... rl#p107603

Cheers,

Marty