2.0 4G52 into GD Galant - What do i need??

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
Riccers

2.0 4G52 into GD Galant - What do i need??

Post by Riccers »

I just got a 2l astron as my 1.6 died. Just wondering what i need to do it. im just using the 4 spd to begin with.

The 2.0 has sigma engine mounts, so will it bold straight in??
Will my 4sp just bolt straight up or do clutchs and flywheels need to be swapped??

Just want to make sure on the fitment side of things as all the rest is fine, i know there is electronic ignition to hook up,, Is there anything else i'm missing.

Thanks
Last edited by Riccers on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
karl_2ltgc

Re: 2.0 4652 into GD Galant - What do i need??

Post by karl_2ltgc »

You need to have a 2ltr flywheel clutch plate and disc. If the 2ltr disc is different then you can probably use the 1.6 clutch plate.

Starting off with a 5spd is a much better idea.

Other than that just use sigma engine mounts, get a exhaust done and your sweet. Get a custom 2 to one setup made so that only one pipe needs to squeeze past the steering box. Shouldnt cost bugger all from a descent exhaust shop.
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: 2.0 4G52 into GD Galant - What do i need??

Post by 81GL »

I'd recommend you also use a radiator from a sigma also (GE GH), will bolt straight in from memory? just take the spacer thingy off.

As Karl said though... 5spd from the start is a much better idea, especially if your running the origonal diff ratio for the saturn.

Nick.
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.