Help with GA Galant Ball joints.

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
MRGA

Help with GA Galant Ball joints.

Post by MRGA »

Ok, so has anyone come across this problem before. I am trying to find replacement ball joints for my GA Galant. I have physically looked at and pressed in both BJ116 and BJ122 ball joints, but they sit too high on the top side of the control arm where the circlip goes by about 2mm. The original ones do not have a circlip on the, they were simply pressed in. Has any got any ideas about what ball joints fit the GA that DO NOT have a circlip on them, or if they have, what the part number was? Kinda desperate for a solution to this one.
The 20 year wait is OVER ! The GA is MINE I TELL YA , ALL MINE , BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
MRGA

Re: Help with GA Galant Ball joints.

Post by MRGA »

MRGA

Post by MRGA »

fridgeGB

Post by fridgeGB »

Hey. I am just in the middle of swapping mine out in My GB, which I'm sure will be exactly the same. Due to recently moving to Mackay, there are limited car part stores up here. I've had to order some through Repco, but I haven't physically seen them yet. I asked for The part number for them and this is what they gave me. SBJ116 (SL116). Maybe the SL116 is the right one? Not sure if that will be any help, but let me know how you go with it because I might find myself with the same problems your having lol
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I personally don't think is a problem, so long as the part is a press fit.
The original ones never had any kind of clip at all, and just relied on being press fitted in place. My wagon, still currently has press fitted lower ball joints in it.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
stealth

Post by stealth »

Gotta agree with Dave
Thay dont even need the circlip , its a "add on" just incase ", and as ADR's now require it to manufacture after market parts
Just fit the circlip put the boot on and enjoy !
The la is the same , except before 75 no circlip after does have , makes no difference
Cheers stealth
Engineering the unfair advantage !
Red bull , fuelling the fastest race cars on earth !
MRGA

Post by MRGA »

Ok guys I am confident that you are correct....stuff it. Will press it in again see what happens with roadworthy. ...