GA Seats SOMEONE ....ANYONE?

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
MRGA

GA Seats SOMEONE ....ANYONE?

Post by MRGA »

:\ Can anyone tell me what seat will directly swap for the low back GA seat to retrofit them for a bucket seat. As in seat rail mod required. I want to know whether any Sigma seats will bolt straight in or do I have to stick with Galant seats and if so what series, GC or GD will bolt straight in anyone ??????
The 20 year wait is OVER ! The GA is MINE I TELL YA , ALL MINE , BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
75wagon
Admin

Re: GA Seats SOMEONE ....ANYONE?

Post by 75wagon »

MRGA wrote:do I have to stick with Galant seats and if so what series, GC or GD will bolt straight in anyone ??????
They should bolt straight in (I'm pretty sure GA's are the same mounting as the GB/C/D's, and no you don't have to stick with Galant seats.
MRGA wrote:I want to know whether any Sigma seats will bolt straight in
If you like sitting really high in the car (rubbing your head on the roof if you are taller) then Sigma seats are for you.

I have old school Recaros in my wagon. They have the same track width between rail centres, so by drilling 2 holes in the front of each rail, they bolt straight on (Recaros use 3 bolts per rail, not 2 like the Galant's do).

Can see the 2 bolts top of pic.

I have these Recaros for my current project, they fit exactly the same way.

I hope this helps?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
71GA

Post by 71GA »

I put GC seats in my GA on low back rails and from memory i did have to re drill a couple holes or something but it was nothing major.
It was only temporary and have since gone back to the low backs.

Cheers,
MRGA

Post by MRGA »

They should bolt straight in (I'm pretty sure GA's are the same mounting as the GB/C/D's, and no you don't have to stick with Galant seats.
Thanks Dave and 71GA....answered my questions...thanks guys/ I have got two GC hi backs organised so happy days! (H)
The 20 year wait is OVER ! The GA is MINE I TELL YA , ALL MINE , BWAHAHAHAHAHA!