Galant GD telecom van

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
simon

Galant GD telecom van

Post by simon »

The GD I have has telecom van on the compliance plate, I will try to put a photo on, it has seating capacity of 2 .
The plate is on a 4 door sedan,I guess it has been cut and shut, does anyone know anything about these vans?
Simon
simon

Re: Galant GD telecom van

Post by simon »

<a href="http://tinypic.com?ref=2w7lu7k" target="_blank
simon

Post by simon »

Autokat

Post by Autokat »

Please post a pic of the whole car
77GDWAGON

Post by 77GDWAGON »

Interesting. Never seen or heard of this before.Would like to see more pictures of the car.Translates to a GD 4 door sedan 1600 manual but don't know what the x stands for
1977 GD GALANT station wagon owned since 1988
simon

Post by simon »

I will get a pic of the car tomorrow, i think I found the join where it was cut and shut today, it is being parted out. I would like to know what a telecom van looks like, do they have rear doors like a wagon or window glass? The speedo has PMG written on the back of it, I think it also has a back proportioning valve on the firewall ( did other GDs have them, see photo)
simon

Post by simon »

IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/2hd78k6.jpg[/IMG]
I don't know what these option codes are.
The car had back seats when I got it
simon

Post by simon »

Sorry - having a few problems putting photos up

simon

Post by simon »

JRP

Post by JRP »

My 4/77 gd sedan has exactly the same compliance plate,options and the first part of the chassis no. Mine hasnt been cut and shut, I just presumed that it was a telstra company vehicle. I have a picture of it from 1983 and its definately a white 4door sedan. Mine is a rally car with full roll cage- looks like that one has a roll cage too?
simon

Post by simon »

Does yours have a seating capacity of 2 on the compliance plate as well. I am not exactly sure mine has been cut and shut, but I assumed it was with a seating capacity of 2 and van written on the compliance plate.
JRP

Post by JRP »

Yes its the same. Telecom van seating cap 2

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o54 ... 7C5274.jpg
simon

Post by simon »

We bought this one for our daughter when she was on her Ps ( about 2002 )' when we went to reregister it I was told it must be dodgy so it has sat hereh since
We put some of the cage out of my old GC rally car in it for our son to learn in
I wonder how marry of these are about?
crmaxwell

Post by crmaxwell »

Hi there,
The car you have is legit. Back in the 1970's Telecom (as it was then known) ran modified versions of small sedans which had a platform installed for tools in the space that the back seat would normally occupy. That's why the seating capacity on the compliance plate is 2-Telecom ordered them from the factory that way. I was told that they were used by linesmen. I remember my high school economics teacher bought one of these cars at a Telecom auction and then had a back seat installed and was quite happy with the result. Telecom also used 4 cylinder LJ & TA Toranas as well as Leyland Marinas in the same way. I remember seeing some of these at a Telecom auction in 1977.
Hope this info is useful for you.