hard top worth

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
Wags

hard top worth

Post by Wags »

Hi
What would be a fair price for a hard top in good condition with a 2.6 twin webbers? I'm looking at putting a offer on one.

Cheers
Wags
75wagon
Admin

Re: hard top worth

Post by 75wagon »

Got anymore details than that? Like how straight, complete, rust, interior condition, how much you think it needs spent on it to make it tidy if it already isn't?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Wags

Post by Wags »

Paint 3years old still looks good, engine rebuilt 3 years ago has hot cam. Straight no rust if there was taken out when painted. Mag wheels, lowered all round with stiffer springs. newer seats fitted to front not original.
Was after a ball park figure as I'm not sure what's it worth and don't wont to pay to much. Are the 2 doors collectible?
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

There was only about 1200 hardtops that came into Oz new, so I'd say they would be rare. Collectible? Depends who you are and what you like, but to the average punter, Galants in general have been over looked for a long time as items of interest. As time goes on, and tidy examples are becoming harder to find, along with certain enthusiasts restoring/modding them to attract the right kind of serious attention, I do believe they are becoming more collectible then what they were.
The most collectible Galant's would have to be either the GTO, FTO or the GA/B 2 door hardtops, as they are the rarest of them all.

As for value of a hardtop as you describe, the mods you list can be good and bad at the same time. The value of it to me would fall in the $1500 to $5000 (without being able to see it, it makes it harder to value), I also assume it's a 4G32 1600 with a stock carb (as nothing else was specified).

I hope this helps, or inspires others to comment and give their opinions as well.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Taz

Post by Taz »

Its got twin webbers apparently 75wagon, so there would be a grand in value right there with just the manifold/carbs.
I have no idea what they would accurately be worth either though sorry
Wags

Post by Wags »

The guy pulled out of the sale, bugger. It had a sigma 2.6 with 5 speed and twin 45 webber. Beefed up suspension. I would have rated this Galant 9 out of 10, it was very tidy.

Anyways I purchased another 2 door Galant that needs a full restoration(1 out of 10) that my son and I will do. It was only an hour from where I live, so it was meant to be. We can build this one how we want. It has a 4G32B engine in it with a mikuni carby. We just finished stripping the interior tonight.I can post photos up of the resto if any one interested.

I use to race rally with Galants 20 years ago that's my connection with them. I never had a 2 door and they look cool when done right. So I was not sure of what today's market they would fetch.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Wags wrote:I purchased another 2 door Galant that needs a full restoration(1 out of 10) that my son and I will do. It was only an hour from where I live, so it was meant to be. We can build this one how we want. It has a 4G32B engine in it with a mikuni carby. We just finished stripping the interior tonight.I can post photos up of the resto if any one interested.
Yep, interested. I'd be keen to see what your up to.
Wags wrote:I use to race rally with Galants 20 years ago that's my connection with them.
Sounds like you might be about as old as I am?
Taz wrote:Its got twin webbers apparently 75wagon, so there would be a grand in value right there with just the manifold/carbs.
Funny how they are only worth that coin when you're trying to buy them instead of when you're trying to sell them (just like so many other things as well).

Dave...