Galant sedan inner rear pillar covers

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
75wagon
Admin

Galant sedan inner rear pillar covers

Post by 75wagon »

Galant sedan inner rear pillar covers, how many would actually want them if I was to take on making them from fibreglass?

I have no need for them for my car(s) but if enough want them, then it might be worth my time.

Next question:
What would people be happy to pay for them?

If the sums don't work, it wont be happening.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
VGJONO

Re: Galant sedan inner rear pillar covers

Post by VGJONO »

I would be keen for a set, maybe 2 haha, price however, dont know honestly
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

I want a set.
I'd be happy paying 200 ish. Depending on numbers needed I will chip in more for mouldings etc.
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I was hoping for more comments on this.
ATM it seems like only 3 or 4 people are interested.
I thought these were something that just about every GC/D Galant sedan owner said they can't get good ones of?

I'm not asking for anyone to put money down, I just want to know if any effort by me to produce these hard to get parts would be worth it.
I would also like to know a price point people would be happy paying?

Obviously the actual replacement items themselves would have to fit well, and appear to be the same as the original factory items. That is something that I believe would have to happen in order for people to want to buy them.

On the other side of the coin, if you own a GC/D Galant sedan with sun affected/broken/missing rear pillar covers, and wouldn't be interested in buying any them, I'm curious why.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Decrepit

Post by Decrepit »

If they were for the hardtop, I would probable take two sets.
$100 per set would be an acceptable price for me depending on fit and finish.
My GD parts list gives different part numbers for the sedan and hardtop so I would not be interested if they only fit the sedan.
Randolph
1974 GC Galant Hardtop (restoration project - Slow)
1975 GC Galant Hardtop VR4Turbo (pulled out and changed back to a G32B - soon to be a G62BT)
1979 LC Lancer Hatch (50% mine) - Orange & Black - G32B (Son's daily)
LukeAussie

Post by LukeAussie »

Mine are pretty good, but I'd still possibly be interested, depending on cost (no idea what I'd pay, since they'd be a set of spares...). But either way, I'm certainly interested :)
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Thanks for the feedback, it's very helpful.
I also appreciate those who are offering the possibility of buying more then one set just to get the numbers up.
I'll get the mould for the front spoiler finished (I have both days at home this weekend which is rare for me these days) so I should be able to sink some decent time into it. Getting that finished will give an idea of how well I can churn out a finished product.
Decrepit wrote:If they were for the hardtop, I would probable take two sets.
$100 per set would be an acceptable price for me depending on fit and finish.
My GD parts list gives different part numbers for the sedan and hardtop so I would not be interested if they only fit the sedan.
Randolph
Sedan and Hardtop would be completely different. I could also make ones for the Hardtops, but I would need a pair of panels to copy (preferably sacrificial ones that are complete enough to make a mould from) and I'd also need a car to trial them on to make sure they fit. Again, I would need enough people interested in purchasing to make the making of the molds worthwhile.

I'm going to have to use 77galantv6's car to trial fit the sedan panels before I go into production of them as I don't have a GC/D sedan here to try them on of my own.

Dave...
ozgdgalants

Re: Galant sedan inner rear pillar covers yes please?

Post by ozgdgalants »

Hi Dave you can put me down for 2 pairs or enough for 2 sedans I have checked both of our cars & there buggered.

Price $ well? I be happy with the ton or more?.

One of my cars were good last time I cleaned the rear window but now have cracked where they fit behind the window rubber? I think every galant would need them now days im sure the more orders you get the better for the cars & thanks to you Dave for all your hard work? keep us informed on the progress cheers Wayne.
ozgdgalants

Re: Galant sedan inner rear pillar covers yes please?

Post by ozgdgalants »

Hi Dave you can put me down for 2 pairs or enough for 2 sedans I have checked both of our cars & there buggered.

Price $ well? I be happy with the ton or more?.

One of my cars were good last time I cleaned the rear window but now have cracked where they fit behind the window rubber? I think every galant would need them now days im sure the more orders you get the better for the cars & thanks to you Dave for all your hard work? keep us informed on the progress cheers Wayne.
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

I'll have to get on here more often. :think:

If you go ahead with it, I'll grab a pair.
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
mrelshauno

Post by mrelshauno »

If you do hardtop I will take a pair.
woops

Post by woops »

I'd be keen on hardtop ones. I was planning of eventually getting some made up sometime in the next few years and maybe 3D printing them. I have one LHS NOS perfect one that I bought from skap but only really rough ones of the opposite side. So rough they definitely wouldn't transport without crumbling further than they already are.

I'm guessing that they would have to be a smooth or matt finish and not the fake leather surface they have OEM.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
BradD

Post by BradD »

If you made these and were willing to ship them over seas....count me in for a set as well.
Brad D.
'74 Colt Sedan
'80 Colt Hatch
'83 Sapporo
'84 Starion
rileyh1995

Post by rileyh1995 »

I'd be happy for a set, if this is still happening, I'm in with the $100 for a set. :)
sirweasle

Post by sirweasle »

i also would be very keen on a set. $100 is more then fair!