GC Galant Lights (single lights)

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
Jordan1249

GC Galant Lights (single lights)

Post by Jordan1249 »

So i was thinking i wanted to convert my lights to bulb style like this

Instead of having the sealed units and probably eventually go to a HID

So how would i go about this could someone link me to like a globe housing i guess id need or something to start me off ?
LukeAussie

Re: GC Galant Lights (single lights)

Post by LukeAussie »

Good move :-) I can't quite remember where I got my lights/lenses from, possibly from a later-model Lancer, but I would imagine it should be easy to find a round driving light casing that would fit as a replacement. But definitely do it... much better than the old-school sealed beams!
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

Yer ive only kept them so long cause bush bashing having sealed lights stopped the water but now that ive gunna respray and things thats not gunna happen anymore

I remember ages ago the guy at autobarn said he could get me something to do it but i was more wanting to find something on evilbay or something that might be cheaper hahah but if all fails i can go back to him
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

eBay a 7" headlight conversion... I just bought a set of 5 3/4" set for my gb...

So, you need 7"

Happy shopping :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
wheelbarrow

Post by wheelbarrow »

i believe narva or hella sell a conversion kit for the 7 inch and 5 inch seal beams to halogen.
RaptorReed

Post by RaptorReed »

Autopals are a good quality brand too, fairly cheap on ebay and are the H4 conversion lights. Come in both 5.75" and 7" lights, bought a set for my wagon last year. :thumpsup:
Tim
94 Montero SR
79 GE Sigma Wagon
76 Galant Coupe
92 Galant VR4
88 Fiji Blue Starion