Gd front windscreen rubber

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
vr4galant

Gd front windscreen rubber

Post by vr4galant »

Hello everyone

Just wondering if the front windscreen rubber on the gd galant 4 door sedan is the same as the gd coupe.

Thanks Steve
A112H

Re: Gd front windscreen rubber

Post by A112H »

Nope
Tj.

Post by Tj. »

What Jason said. The coupe is a little taller (the windscreen is raked back further, if that makes any sense) and they're very difficult to source. I scored one a few years ago in a group buy out of Japan and have stashed it (no it is definitely not for sale)
I think you can still get sedan rubbers through that guy on ebay that's horrifically over-priced, I can't remember the name of his store but he has the $700 set of GSII tail lights for sale.

FWIW, the wagons are different again, as far as I'm aware all wagons incl GC and GD have the same windscreen front doors and pillars as the GA/GB galants.
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
RaptorReed

Post by RaptorReed »

GA-GD Wagons are the same from Windscreen to the rear. Only the front clip is different :). :thumpsup:

According to Rarespares though, GA/GB Sedans share the same windscreen rubber as the Wagons.
Tim
94 Montero SR
79 GE Sigma Wagon
76 Galant Coupe
92 Galant VR4
88 Fiji Blue Starion
mic_77

Post by mic_77 »

If you are not to worried about originality you can have it installed with no rubber I know a guy that does it and have seen a lot of his work looks a lot smoother.

Cheers Mic
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

I can confirm the early galant is the same as all wagons thing. I replaced the windscreen in my GC wagon, using a new rubber of that rotary mob on ebay, which was listed as being for a 1600L. The windscreen i used was 2nd hand out of a GD wagon.
vr4galant

Post by vr4galant »

Thanks for the advise