compatible 2.6's

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
shuggy

compatible 2.6's

Post by shuggy »

hey guys im gona start lookin right into gettin a good 2.6 now that my car is licenced and i have more time to build up an engine, so i wana kno if there is anythin i shuld look out for, i mean is there any models that wont fit into my 75 GD Galant?

so far i know too look out for a narrow block, and if i get a sigma or scorp then look out for the 5 speed with no bell housing (jap)
but wat about magna's?
they are dirty cheap but they are FWD so what do i gotta do there, is it a case of just twistin her round n slottin her in or wat?
also heard somethin bout there bein an extra water outlet on the rear of magna blocks.. ??

ps do repco or somewhere like that deak with VRS kits and rings and pistons etc? (wa)
stealth

Re: compatible 2.6's

Post by stealth »

mate you can get a magna engine BUT you still need a rwd engine
to strip parts of like the timing case exhaust manifold engine mounts
alt and probably a couple of other things
and yes repco do deal vrs kits and so on
cheers stealth 8-)
Engineering the unfair advantage !
Red bull , fuelling the fastest race cars on earth !
DragonCypher

Post by DragonCypher »

Must be a 2L scorp/sigma if you want a narrow, or its gonna be wideblock box
'81 GJ Scorp: Donated to a mate for a 2JZ Turbo project.
'84 Honda VT250F Integra: Daily transport, mountain racer and track bitch all in one.. damn slow in a straight line though
Future Project (on hold until I move to Melbourne in July): 2.6L Wideblock Astron 2 - Eaton M90 supercharger, draw through 45DCOE Weber.

shuggy

Post by shuggy »

no shit ay...
man sounds like i shuld just find a 2l scorp ay, rear disks, better diff (if it'l fit), engine, 5 speed, and yea...
now just gotta find one...
wats wit these peter wherret special sigma's?
i found one wit a 2.6 but no box, its a GH i think, wats the go with them?
rekon that'l b a narrow?
GLANT

Post by GLANT »

Magna block has a narrow sump, compared to rwd astrons. Tried it myself- rwd astron timing cover to wide for sump(at bottom) on magna block. You could mod sump , but it would be a pain in the arse to do. Shit motors anyways, they crack bloody everywhere! mmc gave us 4g63t, go one of them! I am after paining with astrons for 5+years.
1972 GA GALANT/COLT, with a VR4 4G63T 151kw atw :-)
woops

Post by woops »

Or if you are keen on cubes you could look at a 4g64 from an express van. They have plenty of potential as they share a lot with the 4g63's.

You can get a twim cam head from a vr4 and bolt it on with a few mods and rebuild it to turbo specs. It is the largest engine you can turbo and but into a galant if you live in NSW or QLD. I don't know the regulations in WA.

This is pretty much my ultimate engine to shove into the galant. Biggest problem is finding the engine to start off with but i'm gonna go and get a wrecked car from the damaged car auctions for cheaper then wreckers charge for just the engine and you can always action off the rest on ebay.

Heck even just the engine is a good option if you are looking at going for a upgrade.

http://www.projectzerog.com/

This is a website with a wealth of knowledge for the 4g6* series of engines.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
SpEc_OpS

Post by SpEc_OpS »

Correct me if im wrong ppl but if u can find a 2.6 auto scorpion it will be a narrow block i picked mine up for $300 im sure ul be able to find 1 cheap they have the rear disc brakes and all the goodies u would want then buy a magna motor and put the top half of that on it u have to a bif of chopping and changing with water pump timing covers and all that u should be able to find all the info in the forums here to do it. From that u can go turbo if u like and a jap 5 speed from a 2l scorp/sigma will bolt straight up thats the cheapest simplest way i can think of :)
Drive It Like You Stole It

The Drifter = 99 VS Ute (Kaaz 2 way LSD + 3.8 v6 on boost :lol:)
The Old Drifter = 99 S15 Spec-R (GONE :()
The Project = 80 GH Scorp (shes getting there)
The Fourby = 92 4Runner (can climb yo mumma)
The Daily = 95 Camry (the gf gotta have a car too)
The Shitter = 89 Hiace (with ever panel customised)
The Untamed = 98 cbr 600 (nearly killed me twice but i still love her)