4g63t into gc sedan

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
v8lancer

4g63t into gc sedan

Post by v8lancer »

Hi all
I'm considering removing my ralliart spec 2.0ltr twin carby set up out and replacing it with a 4g63t. What will I need for this conversion gearbox wise and cross member etc any info will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
75glnt

Re: 4g63t into gc sedan

Post by 75glnt »

keep your 5 speed, the 2L flywheel and clutch. im pretty sure you use l200 engine mounts for the g63? if you're going with the dohc variant. you will need a forward facing plenum, custom made extractors, thermostat relocation kit, rwd water pump, engine loom and ecu from the donor car. and the alternator relocation kit... the kits can be found at jayracing.com :)

I may have missed a couple little bits, but that's the most of it :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
lchilds82

Post by lchilds82 »

you dont need half that stuff but it does make it easier, my alternator is in the standard position but if you want to keep your battery in the engine bay then you will definitely need alternator relocation even then i dont think youll fit the battery in there with intercooler piping etc if you going turbo, a few ways to do water plumbing i just made up a custom 90degree water pipe that hugs the engine, my engine mounts where starion mounts with pajero brackets, they need to be twerk a bit but not to hard to do so, i also cut my firewall alot of people dont like this but i thought it was the easiest way to get it there without hassles, the turbo manifold can be flipped using an adaptor plate, as for the gearbox your standard 5spd cross member will work well mine did in the Gb with the standard 4spd and the Torqueflite baby 904 aswell so im assuming it will with the 5spd, just do your research before committing. Good luck with it all
4GB63t
v8lancer

Post by v8lancer »

Hi food for thought thanks for the info. I'll be using the turbo version motor. I will certainly be doing plenty of homework before committing to the conversion. Cheers
ryzor

Post by ryzor »

There's quite a bit in this conversion, need to upgrade pretty much all the running gear. Will be well worth it though, the 4g63t is a beautiful, solid engine :thumpsup:
RaptorReed

Post by RaptorReed »

Later KM132s use a different style mount than the early versions and the KM110 4spd/KM119 5spds. I had to have the later style mount flange welded into my crossmember in order to mount the KM132.

He'll fit the battery fine, it's a GC not a GB lol. Engine mount wise, you Need Astron mounts (mount to the crossmember) and then 4g63/64 truck engine brackets. The Astron brackets like lchilds82 mentioned, require notching/slotting one of the holes or both to align the motor with the crossmember mounts. Rear end can be left a lone, depending on if you only plan on running low boost levels, otherwise you want say? more than 200hp which is being generous to the rear lol...You will need a stronger rear axle lol and transmission. There are many options out there.

It's not a cheap swap and not a easy said and done swap either. There are a lot of different ways to approach it. My 76 coupe has been on the back burner for some time now, but I'm doing quite a bit of a overhaul of the car itself along with the swap. I have a Hilux rear axle (5 lug) in mine and thinking about selling my Supra R154 transmission and going the Tremec T56 6spd route instead. :thumpsup:

A great source of basic common information can be found here :thumpsup:

http://projectzerog.com/
Tim
94 Montero SR
79 GE Sigma Wagon
76 Galant Coupe
92 Galant VR4
88 Fiji Blue Starion
lchilds82

Post by lchilds82 »

RaptorReed wrote:Later KM132s use a different style mount than the early versions and the KM110 4spd/KM119 5spds. I had to have the later style mount flange welded into my crossmember in order to mount the KM132.

He'll fit the battery fine, it's a GC not a GB lol. Engine mount wise, you Need Astron mounts (mount to the crossmember) and then 4g63/64 truck engine brackets. The Astron brackets like lchilds82 mentioned, require notching/slotting one of the holes or both to align the motor with the crossmember mounts. Rear end can be left a lone, depending on if you only plan on running low boost levels, otherwise you want say? more than 200hp which is being generous to the rear lol...You will need a stronger rear axle lol and transmission. There are many options out there.

It's not a cheap swap and not a easy said and done swap either. There are a lot of different ways to approach it. My 76 coupe has been on the back burner for some time now, but I'm doing quite a bit of a overhaul of the car itself along with the swap. I have a Hilux rear axle (5 lug) in mine and thinking about selling my Supra R154 transmission and going the Tremec T56 6spd route instead. :thumpsup:

http://projectzerog.com/
RaptorReed is one of many guys on here that knows how to do things and like he said there is more then one way to do it, always worth checking other guys builds out also to get ideas and inspiration from. He may be in a different country but has helped me out with my build just through him sharing his.
4GB63t
RaptorReed

Post by RaptorReed »

Going to try to get my 76 finished this year :thumpsup:. It was on a long hiatus while I was in between jobs and such. Need to throw in a Lancer subframe and get some widebody Starion control arms soon lol.

I've been contemplating changing up my transmission choice from the Mk3 Supra R154 to the Tremec T56 (Corvette/Camaro) transmission. :P
Tim
94 Montero SR
79 GE Sigma Wagon
76 Galant Coupe
92 Galant VR4
88 Fiji Blue Starion