Anyone interested in starion rear disc brake conversion?

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
city hunter

Anyone interested in starion rear disc brake conversion?

Post by city hunter »

I wanted to see if anyone is interested in this. It's quite a upgrade from the stock drums on a early galant. This setup is designed to bolt onto a 74 galant rear live axle. Basically it adapts flat body starion rear disc brakes inplace of your old drums.

I currently have one set on my 74 galant coupe, and they have been on there for about 3 years now. I think these will provide more stopping power than a galant would probably ever need even on the track.

The setup wont include anything to make your ebrake work, you should be able to adapt the starion ebrake lines fairly easily though.

I will be test fitting these on my lb lancer this week, but I am pretty sure they will work.

Anyhow, if there is enough interest I will consider getting a small run of them made. They shouldnt be too expensive. It depends on how many are made and what kind of pricing I can get.

Iw illg et some pictures of the bracket by itself when I pull it off to test on the lancer.

73 galant coupe, 78 Lancer coupe, 84,85, and 86 ex1800 turbos, 87 minicab van supercharged, gto vr4, 4 starions. swb montero, mighty max, 88 cordia turbo. 65 debonair
80's Hero
cheaterparts

Re: Anyone interested in starion rear disc brake conversion?

Post by cheaterparts »

city hunter wrote:I wanted to see if anyone is interested in this. It's quite a upgrade from the stock drums on a early galant. This setup is designed to bolt onto a 74 galant rear live axle. Basically it adapts flat body starion rear disc brakes inplace of your old drums.

I currently have one set on my 74 galant coupe, and they have been on there for about 3 years now. I think these will provide more stopping power than a galant would probably ever need even on the track.
they only have one problem is getting good pads for them.
I use starion brakes all round with out a booster but a 3/4" M/C
for the front I have been able to get Potterfield Carbon Kevlar pads these are great
they seem to work at all temps - dont fade even when getting a true working over
but no one keeps them for the rears here
I was just wondering what you guys use in the states
cheater
karl_2ltgc

Post by karl_2ltgc »

Hey steve i read some good things about QFM check out this thread, apparently they can do starion stuff > http://performanceforums.com/forums/sho ... 228&page=2
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

karl_2ltgc wrote:Hey steve i read some good things about QFM check out this thread, apparently they can do starion stuff > http://performanceforums.com/forums/sho ... 228&page=2
I will sus them out Karl
I would however like to get some porterfield rears the front pads are the best I had in the thing
cheater
boyracer

Post by boyracer »

...flat body starion

What does this mean to me? what models are we talking about?

-------------------------------------------------------------
REGULAR GUY
3 X LA LANCER 2DR
1 X GC GALANT HARDTOP
1 X GD GALANT HARDTOP
3x la lancer 2door
2x gc galant hardtop
1x gc galant wagon
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

The American flatbody's are basically the same Starion as we got, but with a 2.6.

The widebodys had the 2.6 as well, but also had wider guards, wider wheels, etc.