chasing opinions for my gd grill

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
unique10

chasing opinions for my gd grill

Post by unique10 »

G'day everyone, i'm a little bored so i figured id chuck up some ideas I've been having to mod my grill and get some feedback on it.

so this is what my car would look like with a stock grill:

this is what it actually looks like because i have the cooler pipes running through the headlight holes so going back to standard means no intercooler - which isn't gonna happen

now i was thinking something along the lines of this

or more specifically this one, i think its just far enough from looking like a datto without the center badge

now im pretty much just hunting for opinions so let me know what you think. also, be gentle - im aware my photoshoping skills are not the greatest but i hope there good enough to get the idea across.
cheers guys n gals
DriveBy

Re: chasing opinions for my gd grill

Post by DriveBy »

I prefer the original but if you really have to how about just all satin black but the rings and the badge?
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Option #1 looks like a Corolla so I'm not sold on that. Option #2 has a Plymouth/muscle car look to it but needs something else added to make it look less plain - maybe a Galant script badge from a wagon tailgate and a Mitsubishi diamond logo next to it? Offset to the passenger side of the grill maybe?
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Option 4 looks awesome!

Or the one it's got now in option 2. But as said above. Needs something else.. Or painted black
N/A ALL THE WAY
A112H

Post by A112H »

unique10 wrote:
this is what it actually looks like because i have the cooler pipes running through the headlight holes so going back to standard means no intercooler - which isn't gonna happen
Have you thought about just painting 3 or 4 black stripes on the mesh in it now?
Could be made to look like a custom grill?
Or better yet, black it out, fix the stock bars to the mesh and buy some of these :thumpsup: :thumpsup: :thumpsup:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Headlight-de ... 588&_uhb=1
unique10

Post by unique10 »

i'm with geezer, i'm personally really in favour of the muscle car look. probably because i have several other valiants and like older muscle cars. although yeah i can see what you mean about being a little plain. a little badge could work pretty well. does anybody know the measurements of the galant badge? i think they were on the ga gbs on the boot lid?

anyway i'm trying to stick away from painting and stickers though, it seems to go too far in the opposite direction and make it look overly rice. i always really liked the plain looking one but i just wanted to make sure it wasn't some hideous idea that only i would like and be world famous ugly. haha

next step. building it. i got a quote for 4 alloy bars to be made up out of alloy to strengthen the grill over the distance becuase its headlight to headlight. was 400 bucks. hmm. needing new ideas. anything guys?
ddt

Post by ddt »

Though it sounds like a fun project, building a new grill from scratch will take a lot of time and effort to get a good finish and when you're done, the final design still may not look convincing.

Have you thought about just fitting a standard GD grill and putting some suitably cool spotlight covers over the inner lamp holes?
It's cheap to try, anyway.
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

it looks like a baby 'Cuda with the inner lights removed and and mesh grille fitted......

I think whatever you DO do, you need all four lights fitted.....just doesnt look like a galant without the lights

Having said that...the car does look good.....just doesnt look like a galant
Built with pride, Driven in anger