Galant Wiring Diagrams

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
ssive

Galant Wiring Diagrams

Post by ssive »

Hi All,

Dropped the 1.6 (thanks shuggy) in my galant yesterday, managed to get it to crank, however we have no spark - its because of the wiring Coil/dizzy.

Does any one have a wiring diagram for the GD Galant with 1.6 Saturn motor?
I need to re-do the wiring for the alternator as well, so if someone could possibly scan what ever information there is and post it up
or email to acummins@monadel.com.au

I would be most appreciative.!

Thanks in advance
shuggy

Re: Galant Wiring Diagrams

Post by shuggy »

Yeah good luck. Took me 3 weeks to figure out out. Want to come over and take some pics? Are you running points?
ssive

Post by ssive »

Might have to mate if thats ok?

Ill have a chat to my mate and see when he is free as well, yeah running the same dizzy that was in the motor you have lent me.

Ill send you sms today sometime once i have spoken to him

Thanks mate!
LukeAussie

Post by LukeAussie »

I reckon there's a wiring diagram in the Gregory's manual... unfortunately, I don't have my copy on me at the moment though (it and my car are at my dad's with a stripped head waiting on a bit of machining... he has more space than me!).

Having said that though, the ignition wiring is fairly simple (I should precede that comment with the fact that I'm an electrical engineer, so wiring in general is fairly simple to me!). If there's no spark, running standard motor, dizzy, etc, the first things I'd look at are your coil (do you have a ballast resistor? Check this is okay if you do) and the condenser on the points. To check the coil, measure the coil impedances with a multimeter and ensure one is not open circuit. The condenser is a cheap and easy part to replace too, and to be honest, it's where I'd look first.

Other than that, there's not much else to the wiring. Do you have any specific wiring questions you're not sure about?

Good luck!
ssive

Post by ssive »

Thanks mate,

The person who removed the original engine (prior to me owning) opted for the "lets cut everything instead of unplugging" method.

So ive got black and white wires, white wires, yellow wires etc all in a bundle haha
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

Come around tomorrow