Galant Alternators

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
Jordan1249

Galant Alternators

Post by Jordan1249 »

Hey just wondering whats a decent alternator I can put in my 1975 GC gallant that will bolt basically straight in something that will output a lot of power as well cheers
VGJONO

Re: Galant Alternators

Post by VGJONO »

I found a bosch replacement on Ebay for pretty cheap when my factory alternator died, its a solid bit of gear and requires little-no modification to fit it, if your having charging issues though i suggest you replace your regulator first if its externally regulated,

Cheers
VGJONO :thumpsup:
LukeAussie

Post by LukeAussie »

I'd definitely be checking the regulator first; even if it's internal to the alternator, you should be able to pull it apart and check. The only "special" tool you'd need is a soldering iron. A new regulator is much cheaper than a new alternator, and you can normally get the bits from any auto sparky. And if it's not that, the sparky might be able to recommend a new alternator anyway (such as the neat Bosch unit Jono has!).

Good luck!
RaptorReed

Post by RaptorReed »

If you were astron swapped, I would suggest a Starion (not sure if siggies are the same) alternator, 75amps vs the stock 45 or 50amp alt and the later alt is internally regulated.
Tim
94 Montero SR
79 GE Sigma Wagon
76 Galant Coupe
92 Galant VR4
88 Fiji Blue Starion