71 Dodge colt project

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
XtremeMotorworks

71 Dodge colt project

Post by XtremeMotorworks »

Just thought I would share my colt project!
Just going to get it running, some coil overs and roll it for now. Then hopefully a 4G63 with some boost down the road.

Here it is when I picked it up..

After a was and wax!
XtremeMotorworks

Re: 71 Dodge colt project

Good news, drained all fluids, replaced starter and she fired right up! Took it for a parking lot cruise and seems to be doing fine. Pulled the carpet today and started to clean it out...
XtremeMotorworks

Think Im going 4g63 and a tremec trans, but it will take awhile to get all the parts lined up. Also want to get my suspension and rear end in order first so i can use the power lol

Big work today, clean valve cover and painted the steel wheels...
Powder coated the trunk and hood, also painted the roof since there was some rust showing. Will wrap it soon. Also threw some new plug wires on it, the blue makes at least 10 more HP lol
XtremeMotorworks

Found me a motor:)
Few more pics, need to move the rear wheels out a touch, then when I get my coil overs down I can the ride height where I want it.

75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

G'day mate! Welcome to the site! :thumpsup:

Pretty straight looking colt :) what are you going to do with the interior? Stock? Or old meets new?

Looks rather tough with the corroded paint and the matte bonnet in the last few pics :)

Cheers,
Mick :)
N/A ALL THE WAY