GC Galant skirts and flares

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
ssive

GC Galant skirts and flares

Post by ssive »

Ive seen a few pics of the front lip and flares for the Galants,

Where abouts can i get them from?
GB_BB4C

Re: GC Galant skirts and flares

Post by GB_BB4C »

This is my GD Wagon when i had it..
The skirts and mudflaps are from a TP Magna Elite/Elante... whatever it is, the sports model.
I had cut he skirt (under the doors) and shortened and re-attatched the front bit that moulds up to the front mudflap. If i did it again i would keep it all as one and just cut the excess that hangs over the end in the rear wheel arch.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Got any pics of exactly what type you're after?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Stickman

Post by Stickman »

Probably all but impossible to find now, but my brother has Datsun 200B SX bolt-on flares on the front of his GC. He cut away the existing flare, such as it was, to give his tyres more clearance. The bolt-ons were secured w/ allen headed screws, a bit like SL/R flares were, but not as fat. Looked real good; sort of gave the car a wider stance.
hengagc75

Post by hengagc75 »

Got any photos of your brothers gc Stickman?
Stickman

Post by Stickman »

Sadly not. I'll see if he has. However, they won't be digital; way too early for that.
Stickman

Post by Stickman »

Just had a look at the 'post Galant wagon pictures' section of Galants' Garage - the silver GC or GD wagon (can't tell what it is) at the top of the page has almost exactly the same flares, but maybe a bit rounder. My brother's may have been a bit flatter over the top section, a bit like an oval positioned so that its was wider than tall, and cut through from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock to form the halves. The pictures should give you a pretty good idea what it looked like. However, his were painted the same colour as the car, which made them look a bit more integrated. I'm pretty sure they were fibreglass; might've been locally made (in Aus, anyway) & maybe there are some molds.