few interchangable parts questions

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
ssive

few interchangable parts questions

Post by ssive »

Sorry, I would have used the search function, but my phones being a pain . I've got a 74 gc galant and I've bought an import sigma. 4g63t. Are the front struts interchangeable? What about booster and master? Just want to get the best pieces I can basically. Cheers
75glnt

Re: few interchangable parts questions

Post by 75glnt »

hey mate, if its a gh sigma, the struts will bolt in. but it narrows your track.

heres a link. hope it helps. :)

also, best throw 75wagon a pm as he knows more about it all. im pretty sure you need something off the galant as the gh struts foul with the sigma bit.

cheers,
Mick :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

being a GC Galant you can fit a (Aus) brake booster and master to it with little hassle. As for a Import (most likely a GJ Sigma equivilant) i would not see any problem either.
An Import Sigma would (most likely) be running full Starion driveline (motor, gearbox, struts, brakes etc)
The strut's will simply not "just bolt straight in". you will need the steering knuckle that attatches the bottom ball joint (on the lower control arm) to the strut. Also you will need to change over the strut top hat (bit that bolts the strut to the body in the engine bay) to the one from the Galant
You will need to modify your lower "A" arm in the Galant to take the Starion ball joint as the break disc will rub on the "A" arm.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

ssive

Post by ssive »

Thanks for the advice people. Narrowing track isn't any good, I'd rather go the other way if possible. What suggestions are out there for that? Trying to limit cost as much as possible.