keeping the ga

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
75glnt

keeping the ga

Post by 75glnt »

hey fella's,

sorry to let anyone down if they needed parts?? im pretty sure i got back to everyone. ben sold the a53 to jason which i asked if he needed them still. and he didnt. a fella wanted an angine but never got back to me. blah blah blah im rambling... lol.

so i've decided/conned mum into letting me keep the ga (providing i get rid of my excel once the ga's ready) :thumpsup:

soon enough i'll get the bugger home, and i'll do a build thread. no point now as i have no pics (and i know you lot are pic crazy :P ).

anyway, just thought id let you guys know what's going on with me and my galant/s. again, sorry if anyone needed parts, i may have a few bits and pieces, but very unllikely panels. maybe interior. pm for info on interior. sorry admin, its not a f.s. thread, lol. :) also anyone i was getting parts off, i will still need them. ben in particular i was buying tailights??

but anyway. so now i'll have a ga daily, and a gb street/track. ga will be dead stock, but a 5spd :)

cheers,
Mick :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
A112H

Re: keeping the ga

Post by A112H »

:thumpsup:
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

A112H wrote::thumpsup:
my thought exactly!!! i can't wait to have a road registered galant (though its a ga. but any galant would do. i've got the itch :) )

this one will be a learning curve for me. if i can physically do it myself. i will. body, paint, mechanical, electrics. if i hit a roo, i'll fix the panel myself and off we go again :thumpsup: it wont be a full rebuild. just a tidy up for the road. through the km135 behind the 1500. maybe the webber off my 1600, and an exhaust system. or, absolute stock!! original colour, rims and hubcaps. how it came out stock back in 72 ;) but i'd have to go a 5sp. and tidy up the paint and the absolute miniscule of rust in it! and register it. so now, the gb will go the way i've always wanted it to go. street/track but more track than street. do weekenders and club meets in it. race it. all the fun stuff :) might even enter the ga in a show or 2?? all in time. but i sure will post a very pic heavy build thread on the ga. not that it will be as big as Dave's wagon :p but, still a good read :) thanks for the encouragement jase :thumpsup: how's the a53 going?
N/A ALL THE WAY
A112H

Post by A112H »

Can't wait to see the pics as it comes along.
53 is sending me broke buying parts I won't need for a long time, but they are shiney and new :P
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

haha! as they do. but we gotta love em eh? the a53's have got to be on of 3 of my "dream cars" :thumpsup: next to a gto gsr2000. and a valiant e38 rt charger in magenta pink :) funilly enough, id pick one of the galants first. mad hey? :p so my mum says, who is a chrysler freak :) lol

i cant wait to see some progress on your a53 :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
sonnygars

Post by sonnygars »

Hey Mick, Does your GA have a center console where the shifter is located? If you have an extra piece, I'm looking for one. I'm restoring a GB and the former owner said the car never had a center console. thanks. Sonny
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

It's only got the front section around the gear stick and up to the dash. But I'm keeping it as I don't have one. If I change my mind I'll let ya know :)
N/A ALL THE WAY