Randon GB Electric info

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
woops

Randon GB Electric info

Post by woops »

I was tracking down some electrical gremlins with some headlights not working today and I decided to try to also work out why why hazard lights don't work. I checked a few different things and the switch seems to work as the indicators stop working when you pull the hazard light switch. So I try to find if the fuse has blown for it and there wasn't even a connection for the fuse in the space left for the hazard lights one. I then also checked a parts car down the back and it was the same there too.

The question I wanted to ask is has anyone had hazard lights in their GB's from factory. I see in the gregorys workshop manual that there might have been some galants that had them but i just found it a little strange that my GB was the top of the range in it's time and has the switch but they just stopped there with it without putting in the flasher unit.

Also has anyone got any idea why there are empty bulb sockets on the brake/light tail light housing on the GA-GB that has the wiring go nowhere. Was it an overseas kind of thing for them being there as i can't think of a reason to have the bulb socket there from factory and why they would have bothered with putting in the entire plug and not just a bung instead.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
Torana68

Re: Randon GB Electric info

Post by Torana68 »

The question I wanted to ask is has anyone had hazard lights in their GB's from factory.

nope, had to fit them, didnt have the switch even

I see in the gregorys workshop manual that there might have been some galants that had them

the A52's had them as did GA's (early or all I dunno)

but i just found it a little strange that my GB was the top of the range in it's time and has the switch but they just stopped there with it without putting in the flasher unit.

Chrysler sucked all the good bits out I assume to make more money. Top of the range maybe but what was std on Japanese cars was optional or not available on Australian Chrysler made cars. The empty sockets are probably off an early Galant for the Euro spec fog/parker set up , GB housings shoudlnt have anything extra.
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
woops

Post by woops »

That would make sense a little about the GA's having the equipment as my GB is one of the first GB at a November 72 and has the tail lights with the extra hole. My car has a couple of cross over parts from the GA's as i guess that they just had spare parts left over and just chucked them on instead to use them up. I checked the GA tail lights I have here but I didn't think to check the later model GB tail lights for the extra socket.

Yeah i noticed that the fuse box also had a spare for the demister and the only galant that I have seen one on is the coupes. I also found it a little odd that mitsubishi have no headlight relay at all and just have all the power going directly through the switch in the dash. Although the switch is as big as a relay and has bloody large cables coming out of it.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

Dodge Colts could get the rear demsiter, A/c etc , Chrysler here wanted a cheap car to sell.
I put a relay on the headlights the no relay thing isnt a good idea.
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...