wheel size info needed

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
unique10

wheel size info needed

Post by unique10 »

gday guys, very sorry if the questions already been asked before but after a quick search i couldnt find anything.

anyways, my cars got a converted stud pattern so any skyline/ford/chrysler wheels ect will fit but i just wanted to know whats the biggest size i can fit under the guards, and hopefully the offset too. just looking to get a little more rubber under there becuase i wouldnt mind going to hit the quarter as well as winton eventually and the 6" interceptors are looking a little too much like cheese cutters. the car also already has rolled gaurds.

cheers, sime.
A112H

Re: wheel size info needed

Post by A112H »

I think 18x10's with a -20 offset would be fine :wut:
unique10

Post by unique10 »

18x10s? whoa thats a big rim. im guessing thats only for the rears. what would be the biggest for the front then? width wise anyway, i dont wanna go any bigger than 16s or 17s.
Tj.

Post by Tj. »

Subtle troll is subtle :lol:

We need a bit more info mate. Info like;
What model Galant do you have
Is it lowered? If so, how?
You say it has a "converted stud pattern" what work has been done? has this altered your track width at all?

All of this affects what you can fit under the guards.
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
unique10

Post by unique10 »

sorry mate, its a 77 gd sedan, its lowered but im not sure by how much. the front is running with au disks and mazda 4 pot calipers. rear has been converted to a hilux diff. patters are both 114.3x5. guards on both the front and rear have been rolled.

i know that i need a minium of 16s for the brakes and i know that im looking for nissan, chrysler and ford stud parren (and therefore wheels) and becuse of the diff is why i didnt ask specifically which wheels fit. im just wondering whats the biggest width people have gone factory without tubbing or running flares.
GLANT

Post by GLANT »

sounds like its modified quite a bit.... id be dummy fitting 16"s to see what fits clears etc...not an easy question to answer...if it was standard it would be alot easier to give you an idea.... good luck!
1972 GA GALANT/COLT, with a VR4 4G63T 151kw atw :-)
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Read this http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6353

Use this to work out what offset you have, and then work out what you want from there.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
unique10

Post by unique10 »

thanks for that dave, exactly what i needed for my valiant too! probably one of the better explanations on the net
webby

Post by webby »

What model Val? I know for a fact you can get 14x8's with 245/50's under the arse of a V8 VJ sedan without too much effort as long as the car's not lowered more than an inch or so :thumpsup:
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
unique10

Post by unique10 »

lol, late model vals (vh-cl) have massive tubs on the ass end so its not uncommon to see fat tires under there. ive heard of someone running 15x10s under the rear without any tubing and my mate is currently currently looking for some convos to do exactly that on his sedan.

ive got a 68' ve sedan which ive built up as a track/street car, but since ive got the galant ive decided to just club reg it and keep it as a track car. they are crappy but becuase the leafs on the rear are real far out so im limited to 8.5 inch rims on the rear at most. and to throw a spanner in the works ive rebuild a diff with disk brakes and moved them within mm's off the leafs so i can get the big dish look, but now i just gotta get some pure custom wheels. (ive got alot of vals so you learn alot about em...lol)
webby

Post by webby »

Sounds cool :thumpsup:
Had a factory 318 VJ a couple years back, was quite a good car but unfortunately the rust worms had a fair hold on her so she had to be scrapped.
Gotta love the ACT and their lack of licensing restrictions ;-)
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
unique10

Post by unique10 »

shame about that mate, i hope by scrapped you mean 'put it on ebay' becuase some of the purists would have payed 1k upwards for an original v8 val. ah well, there still fairly common compaired to the galants from what ive seen. there will always be more.

anyway, just to confirm. you CAN put 10inch wide rims under the back of the galant WITHOUT tubbing it? if so, damm cool!
webby

Post by webby »

Went to a mate, swapped it for a built 3.0L stroker Nissan L-series long motor for my R30 Skyline. I think he rebuilt the engine with high comp, sixpack carbs, fairly big cam etc, built the 727 and dropped it in a Datsun 260C.

You won't fit 10's under a Galant. A late Scorpion maybe, if you got the offset exactly right and ran 205/50's, but definitely not a Galant.
-Josh.