What is a Original GH Sigma Turbo worth?

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
strx3

What is a Original GH Sigma Turbo worth?

Post by strx3 »

Hi Guys

As some of you are aware I have had my original GH sigma Turbo up for sale for some time. During this time I have dropped the price because of other projects in have in mind not because I need the money.

I thought from the guys on this forum that the asking price I have started with (because I really don't know what they are worth) was in the ball park.

I have decreased the asking price and a few sigma turbo owners have said that my price is now low.

I have only advertised my car on this forum and on Gumtree because I thought this would be the major target audience and because people know more about the car.

I just want to know what an original GH Sigma Turbo in my condition is worth?

One person on this forum has offered $4000 for my car and he believes an original GH Sigma Turbo in my condition is worth $2000. I would like to know where did he get that figure from?

What do other people think?

Steven
ghuphill

Re: What is a Original GH Sigma Turbo worth?

Post by ghuphill »

if your is worth $2000 steve mine should be worth 100-1500 , :lol: :lol: i also know my blue / black sold for much more than 2 grand,and not as good as yours the bloke who purchased it knew his sigmas as he had a few, so it wasnt a lucky sale, ,its pretty simple if you really want a sigma turbo ,factor a few things according to price,all turbo front in place with correct trim and dash inside,then depending what you are after all the engine bay bits ,but thats debateable depending on whats done to the motor,magna head ,efi ,front mount ect ect, badging ,bonnet vents globes, at the end of the day a car is worth what some1is prepared to pay for it,if my circumstances were different the car would have been snapped up,for those who dont want to pay a higher price for a gh turbo theres allways normal old sigmas dirt cheap to be had, seriously if its not about the cash or storage space put a cover on it and forget about it, i have been in a similar psition before, its horses for courses mate. :thumpsup:
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

it is hardly worth $2000, that person is a dreamer especially for one in such good condition. Look on carsales or ebay or whatever for normal model sigmas. They are selling for more than that, when there a tonnes of them and only 500 turbos made.
A112H

Post by A112H »

As with everything, it is worth what someone will pay.
Sadly, anything with a Mitsubishi badge has little value to the general market. Look what a local Mazda or Datsun of the same year is worth and compare it to the same year abd spec Mistsu :(
I think there are two models in the Australian line up that should be fetching much more than they do and they are the Sigma turbo and the Galant hardtops.
Both were very limited, both were a departure for MMAL and both are super hard to find now, however being an old Gally man I think they should be coverted but the turbo should have it's place in the Australian muscle car story as it was a AU only model.
ghuphill

Post by ghuphill »

i have to agree with Jason but think like this ,they do a full feature on a gh turbo in australian musclecar magazine with pleanty of pics info and facts ,it will be a different story,im not saying they will go stupid$$$ wise, but increase to a more sensible level,as they are a documented and limited austrailian built car.i kow for a fact a few blokes who pay for steves sigma the original price he wanted but cicumstances cant allow them, the man has set a very realistic and affordable price on what is a real good car that can be tuned into a concourse cat easily ,lets have some respect for our members and not give low ball offers on what is a genuine sale and a top car for the money.
woops

Post by woops »

I reackon stick to your guns on the price. The right buyer would be prepared to pay that kind of cash for a classic sigma in that kind of condition. A standard sigma in that condition would be asking somewhere between 3000 to 4000.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Yeah Agree with above. If you were in SA and the car was running the original 2 litre I would have bought yours and sold mine :).