GJ Scorpion Station Wagon

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

GJ Scorpion Station Wagon

Post by Scorpma82 »

Hi guys.....after a bit of help from my gf and 84GKSIG, i've finally got pics of my wagon up here

To cut a long story short....this is NOT a factory Scorpion....it is infact a GJ Sigma wagon with its nose replaced with a GJ Scorpion nose on the front......unfortunately the car was never completed as it was destroyed not long after the pics were taken....i still had the clear (flush fitting) side indicators to fit (Nissan Skyline R33)....the chrome engine scoop to come through the bonnet (Aftermarket Harley Davidson engine scoop) and various other lil bits and pieces.

I'd love to know what you think of this car.....good or bad..it doesnt bother me (the car wasnt exactly a huge success with people)

thanks guys
Built with pride, Driven in anger
Scorpma82

Re: GJ Scorpion Station Wagon

Post by Scorpma82 »

this is the pic of the front
HEMI26

Post by HEMI26 »

hey man did u take this to colder park one day :o as i remember one just like this in the sho n shine i still have the pic's somewere on a usb stick :thumpsup:
Current Cars
-GJ Scorpo Turbo (Current Project)
-VQ SV90 #098 (Finished)
-74 RX3 12A Coupe (13B Extend Port)
-HR31 Passage GT (New daily) 4 Sale inbox for details

Some Old cars
-RX8
-VQ (Slammed on 19's)
-GL Scorpo (Immac std 58000ks)
-GK Scorpo N/A H/C (RIP 146.8rwhp)
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

Yeah it went to Calder park many times as a spectator....the big show it went to was the vic supercruz in Jan '08.....if u were there, you may've actually heard it too with the twin pipes on it (it was hammered ALL weekend)!!! It had a VERY unusual note.......It was also embarrasssingly slow....but i didnt care :D
HEMI26

Post by HEMI26 »

i was only luky enuff to look at it :thumpsup: goin back a few yrs tho

ImageImage
Current Cars
-VQ SV90 #098 (Finished)

Some Old cars
-RX8
-VQ (Slammed on 19's)
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

That's not the vic Supercruz....i can't remember when that show was on...but it's pre the personalised plates (they were HASNOS), pre twin exhaust pipes (i had twin 3" chrome dump tips on either side of the car) and also pre interior change....i had the a brown/beige colour scheme and to change it...i simply inverted the colours....so i turned the brown carpet to plush beige, a beige roof to brown velour, all the doors were re-done in brown velour, the rear was re-done in brown velour and all the pillar trims and tailgate trims were re-done in brown velour....the only left beige were the SE velour seats, the ceiling trims and the rearview mirror and interior light.

Wasn't bad...the whole thing (including the seats that were purchased at a wrecking yard) cost me well under $1000. (i think it was about $800 from memory)

Was a great lil wagon to cruise around in.....thanks for the pic
HEMI26

Post by HEMI26 »

from memory it was about 5-6yrs at the drag/drift/bernout day at calder got a few pic's from that day,
seem's to have alot more done now, also i see that the front bar was colour coded to the car since then look's great :thumpsup: :thumpsup:
Current Cars
-VQ SV90 #098 (Finished)

Some Old cars
-RX8
-VQ (Slammed on 19's)
BAD-SIG

Post by BAD-SIG »

I remember I met you sometime around 2005 at the small carpark in front of the Slot Car Centre in Dandenong when me and two mates were going slot car racing. We talked for a few minutes and I told you about this sigma-galant website and told you you should consider joining :) Sad to hear the car is no more though...
Please click below to visit my blog dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.galant-sigma.com

Please click below to visit my cardomain website dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293989

Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

LMAO

believe it or not BAD-SIG, i still occaisionally go to the slot car track in dandenong...and i very vaguely remember that conversation....from memory you were interested in how the scorpion nose was put on.

Oh and HEMI_26,

that front bumper was more of a test really...i literally bought a can of paint that was the same color code and sprayed over the top of the chrome to see how much different it would look.....i personally think it looks far more modern with the coloured bumper bar.....but i can't enter the car in car clubs that "require chrome bumpers"

i was actually thinking about buying a GN wagon and putting the same nose it...so it can be in a car club specifically made for chevs,fords,holdens from pre 70's.....and i rock in an '85 Sigma with its chrome bumper lol.......it would standout prouder than a honeymooner's d!ck!!!!!! lol
A112H

Post by A112H »

I like the idea and the execution is tops but I am not sure it is a good look.
I think from side on it makes the front overhang look about 6 foot long. I was thinking down the track about doing this to a L200 ute but think I would rather GE Sigma now.
As I said, great job, just not for me :thumpsup:
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

Nah that's a fair call there A112H,

i don't mind hearing criticism as long as it's honest.....and like i said, the car didn't exactly become an instant hit...it was more of a 'growing on me' type of car.....but i loved it for the fact it was a modification that I (personally) could do and it still had that factory look.....and it was totally unique
woops

Post by woops »

I think it looks a bit like a Subaru Leone but it is something different. I have actually got a GN Sigma wagon high roof model with a GH front end grafted onto it so I'm all for something different. Nice job making it look factory too.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
BAD-SIG

Post by BAD-SIG »

Awesome, you got any photos of the GN wagon with GH front?
Please click below to visit my blog dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.galant-sigma.com

Please click below to visit my cardomain website dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293989