Radio Station Prank Call - Sigma Turbo for Sale

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
strx3

Radio Station Prank Call - Sigma Turbo for Sale

Post by strx3 »

Hi Guys

The other week I received a call from a young guy who was ringing up on behalf of his dad interested in buying my sigma turbo. After a while I was then put onto the dad who asked a number of questions.

How many kilometres has it done? It said 190,000kms, replied "Thats alot of kays"

How old is the car? I said 30 years, he replied "thats an old car"

etc etc.

I then asked where did you see the ad? which they replied Gumtree.
All the questions they asked would of been answered if they read the ad.

I started to be suspicious and asked who is this?
I thought it was one of my mates pulling the piss out of me.

Finally they gave up and apparently it was a radio station over in the eastern states (bastards).

It was bloody funny.

Yes I still have the car for sale.

Has anybody heard from "Rob020"? I have been trying to contact him the past few months.

Steven
ddt

Re: Radio Station Prank Call - Sigma Turbo for Sale

Post by ddt »

I started to be suspicious and asked who is this?
I thought it was one of my mates pulling the piss out of me.
Finally they gave up and apparently it was a radio station over in the eastern states (bastards).
Were they taking the piss out of sigmas or was it one of those radio gags where someone is given a number to call and they have to figure out what they're trying to sell before the seller catches on?
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
strx3

Re: Radio Station Prank Call - Sigma Turbo for Sale

Post by strx3 »

I don't think they were pulling the piss about sigma's in general. Apparently the manager from the radio station came across the ad on Gumtree and thought to pull the piss out of me.