expressions of intrest....Now GE Build

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
BOOTS

expressions of intrest....Now GE Build

Post by BOOTS »

WHATS IT WORTH?..........
My grandmother left her 78 GE sigma to me in her will, it's only a gl (standard white ge) but only has 50,000kms on it & not one rip/crack anywhere in the interior basically the way it came out the factory. she bought it new so it's still one owner, I was thinking of repainting it and putting my 4G54 turbo in it but im not sure whether i want to mess with it as it's so original and imaculant. Anyway what do you guys think it is worth as i might sell it as i already have a GE sigma. like i said its like new, ill put pics when i can but mean while would like to know what you guys think.
Last edited by BOOTS on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GLANT

Re: expressions of intrest

Post by GLANT »

I'd keep it mate!.... you'll kick yourself years down the track if you sell it!! it sounds like a good reliable cruiser...some white walls maybe and go cruisin!!
1972 GA GALANT/COLT, with a VR4 4G63T 151kw atw :-)
BOOTS

Re: expressions of intrest

Post by BOOTS »

OK....ive decided to keep her but wont be putting white walls on her. I will be using my 2.6 efi turbo i built for my GH turbo sigma.
will be painting her first! thinking the silver colour on my old 06 liberty sti or the WRX blue, but i painted my old R33 that colour (the blue that is) so maybe not....open to suggestions but leaning towards the silver as its nice but not to "hey look at me" demanding attention like the WRX pearl blue does.

heres some pics,
as youll see the body is almost perfect and 100% rust free when finished it will be 99% metal finished

ddt

Re: expressions of intrest....Now GE Build

Post by ddt »

will be painting her first! thinking the silver colour on my old 06 liberty sti or the WRX blue, but i painted my old R33 that colour (the blue that is) so maybe not....open to suggestions but leaning towards the silver as its nice but not to "hey look at me" demanding attention like the WRX pearl blue does.
why not something in between like a nice metallic light blue or something?
-it's not too showy a colour itself but it looks great against chrome and even with quite bling wheels tends to look classy rather than obnoxious.
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

It looks pretty straight :thumpsup:
How long did it take you to get it to this stage?

As for colour, if you aren't changing the interior colour, I'd run with the silver option. That particular colour blue interior would look better with a silver body colour then a modern metallic blue.
Maybe even go for a silver that is leaning a bit towards a metallic grey? The darker the body colour the more it shows of the chrome work.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

i know this may sound crazy. ive seen it on a mustang once before, how bout just rubbing it back to bare metal, polishing it, putting a coat of clear on it, its different? thats just me talking.

but for a color, would u wanna keep it an original scorp color or doesnt really phase you? id paint it deep ocean blue.

All Animals to the Crow: Your not a zoo animal!
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
BOOTS

Post by BOOTS »

mstrrab1992 wrote:i know this may sound crazy. ive seen it on a mustang once before, how bout just rubbing it back to bare metal, polishing it, putting a coat of clear on it, its different? thats just me talking.
thought had crossed my mind..but i think its one of those things that would look cool but i wouldnt do on my own car
ddt wrote:why not something in between like a nice metallic light blue or something?
-it's not too showy a colour itself but it looks great against chrome and even with quite bling wheels tends to look classy rather than obnoxious.
Definitely considered it and i would but my gh turbo is original blue and i dont really want two blue sigmas
75wagon wrote:It looks pretty straight :thumpsup:
How long did it take you to get it to this stage?

As for colour, if you aren't changing the interior colour, I'd run with the silver option. That particular colour blue interior would look better with a silver body colour then a modern metallic blue.
Maybe even go for a silver that is leaning a bit towards a metallic grey? The darker the body colour the more it shows of the chrome work.

Dave...
so far thats only 1 days work
i will use that interior for a while until i put new interior/seats in which will be black.
yeah still not 100% decided on the colour especially whether a light or darker colour will suit a GE
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Clear coating the bare metal? O.k. if it's going to be a trailer queen. What colour do you put on the rego papers? Vehicle registration will reject it, cops will love it... If you're going for light grey or silver wheels, pick a lighter colour. Wheels with a machined or polished lip with dark centres, pick a darker metallic paint. Also depends on what's happening inside the car too. Black interior, white body- contrast looks great. Red interior, charcoal grey or gunmetal (add a touch 'o chrome) :thumpsup:
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

BOOTS wrote:so far thats only 1 days work
Either the paint just fell off that car, or you've put me to shame big time. I've spent 5 days paint stripping 77galantv6's car. Mind you I have been repairing panel damage as I've gone along, but still, an extra 4 days is a long time :facepalm:

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

BOOTS wrote:yeah still not 100% decided on the colour especially whether a light or darker colour will suit a GE
Here's my old GE in the factory silver, with burgundy interior. This may help you decide one way or the other.

Dave...
BOOTS

Post by BOOTS »

75wagon wrote:
BOOTS wrote:so far thats only 1 days work
Either the paint just fell off that car, or you've put me to shame big time. I've spent 5 days paint stripping 77galantv6's car. Mind you I have been repairing panel damage as I've gone along, but still, an extra 4 days is a long time :facepalm:

Dave...
I was lucky the paint came off relatively easy (for acrylic anyway) although i have paint stripped a car once or twice before ;-)
Ive seen that pic before and i like it alot
Hotwire

Post by Hotwire »

Out of interest, once you strip a panel like that, how long have you got to get primer onto it?? Surely oxidisation/rusting of the metal would set in pretty quickly i would imagine?