Sigma GH wiring Diagram

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
lb4g63

Sigma GH wiring Diagram

Post by lb4g63 »

Hello,
Currently I am working on a Starion Motor into a GH Sigma, I am using the Starion Distributor and a Bosch ignition module with a Digi 1 Microtech.
I was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for the GH? Mainly looking for the Ignition Module/ballast/coil wiring.
I am hoping to get rid of the Sigma ignition module but there appears to be a lot of wires going into it. :\

Cheers,
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Sigma GH wiring Diagram

Post by astronturbo77 »

ive got a gregory's manual here mate, can borrow it if you want?
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

Here is the GH BOSCH wiring diagram.

Why not run the Starion ignition system?
I believe it also has the provision for a knock sensor which may be useful.

Cheers.
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

I've removed the ballast resistor and module from my GH as i'm running a VR4 engine.

I'll just list what wires go where and what i did with them. Not exactly sure how this will work with the Starion ignition system.

Module:
Black - Earth - not needed.
Green - dizzy - removed as not needed with the VR4, not sure about the staz dizzy.
Brown - dizzy - same as green.
Dark Blue - ballast resistor - not needed.
Tan - coil negative - not needed with a VR4

With the VR4 none of this is required, and can simply be disconnected/removed. All it does is get a signal from the coil and then supply a signal to the coil to charge it up. I'm guessing it will be a similar deal with the Starion setup as the coil charge time would also be controlled by the computer.

Ballast Resistor
Black/Yellow - Ignition Barrel - Needed as it supplies power when the key is turned to start.
Dark Blue - ballast resistor - not needed.
Black/White - Ignition Barrel - Needed as supplies power when key is on Ingition (On).
Blue - coil positive - supplies the reduced voltage to the coil.

Ballast resistitor is also easy to remove - cut off the smaller dark blue wire, and connect the other 3 wires together. This will allow full voltage to pass through to the ignition coil.
lb4g63

Post by lb4g63 »

Hi great. quick replies!
Thanks for the diagram it was exactly what I was after, I will post some pics and info on the build soon as well as our GD Galant Budget Track car, with 2.6 Turbo.
This is the ignition setup I will be using on the Sigma
http://www.austarion.com/tech/BoschIgni ... ersion.pdf
Thanks guys