Oil Pressure gauge?

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
516MA

Oil Pressure gauge?

Post by 516MA »

Hey guys a quick question,

where abouts do i fit an oil pressure gauge in a astron 1 2.0 litre???

Thanks,

Nick
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines" - Enzo Ferrari.

1965 - xp falcon project
panda

Re: Oil Pressure gauge?

Post by panda »

Somewhere on the dashboard is handy so you can read it !!!!!!!!
Seroiusly, unscrew the oil pressure sender unit located on the RH side of the engine block, towards the front near the timing chain cover. (It has a single wire connected to it) Fit a brass "tee" piece & refit the sender unit plus the the oil line to the gauge (if its a mechanical one)
Personally I use all electric gauges so that there is no chance of an oil leak in the dashboard.
I'm here for a good time, not a long time !

GJ Rally Sigma, 2.6 Haltech MPI [SOLD]
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

try not to use a brass 't' piece they tend to break, happened to me twice so i ended up using steel 't' piece i think not exact sure of material.

Paddles
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.
panda

Post by panda »

Heres another thought. On my GJ Rallysigma, I have run a flexible high pressure oil line from the engine block to a Tee piece mounted on the fire wall, where the 2 sensors are fitted. This prevents the vibration from the motor causing damage to the sensors (which had happened previously). Brass Tee pieces are fine but don't over tighten them, or will break ;)

tandanus

Post by tandanus »

panda wrote:flexible high pressure oil line from the engine block to a Tee piece mounted on the fire wall,
I have such a flexible line in a car of mine - when it blows its spews oil all over the exhaust manifold :!: If you can, route the line somewhere safe :oops:
T.
PS Yes its braided, so that you cant see when the rubber hose is perishing :evil:
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
panda

Post by panda »

tandanus wrote:
panda wrote:flexible high pressure oil line from the engine block to a Tee piece mounted on the fire wall,
I have such a flexible line in a car of mine - when it blows its spews oil all over the exhaust manifold :!: If you can, route the line somewhere safe :oops:
T.
PS Yes its braided, so that you cant see when the rubber hose is perishing :evil:
Thats why I got Pirtek to make my flexible hose, its rated at 2,200 psi. It will perish before it blows. :P