modified seat rails, can anyone help!?!

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
psshhhht

modified seat rails, can anyone help!?!

Post by psshhhht »

G'day!
My GH is comfortable except for one thing.. it's soo cramped (seriously, I had more room in my '86 corolla!). I've got the seat all the way back but it's quite pathetic. I'm just glad mine is an Auto, if it was manual, it'd be even worse!
I'm wanting to either get custom rails or get my factory ones modded so that i have at least 2 more notches of movement back.. I'm not even that tall, only 5'11.5" (181cm)
Can anyone help me out, if they know of somewhere that i can custom rails, or if someone is handy with the welder and whatever else is needed, I would love to have a talk with them!
Cheers,
Jer
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
A112H

Re: modified seat rails, can anyone help!?!

Post by A112H »

Sit up straight, it's not a Commodore, lol
Seriously, you should be able to get a decent welding company to mod them pretty quick and cheap.
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

haha. if I sit straight, I have no head room, I've barely got any as it... GH's are so cramped! oh well..
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

Maybe the rails from one of the later wagons will fit. Basicly the same floor pan as the GH sedan and wagon. I have plenty of leg room in the GN. Actually the rear notches are too far back for me.