performance figures for GH Sigmas?

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
psshhhht

performance figures for GH Sigmas?

Post by psshhhht »

G'day All,
Does anyone have any power/torque and performance figures for the GH series Sigmas?
Both manual and auto?

I realise that the non turbos aren't going to be quick, especially the autos, but I'm just curious what they're like.

After the GC Galant fell through I've found a Sigma that I'm keeping an eye on. It's an auto, not sure if it's 2.0 or 2.6L yet, am waiting to hear back from the owner.

If I was to get it, which would people recommend, getting a manual and associated parts and changing it over, or doing up the auto instead?

Alrighty, thanks guys!
Jer
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
sigmare

Re: performance figures for GH Sigmas?

Post by sigmare »

It all depends on what you want out of the car and how much you want to spend. if you looking at around 300HP + you can bin either auto or manual now haha.
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

As above, what are you wanting it for?

If its a GH its probably going to be a 2lt in front of the auto. Brought my GH in that form - 2lt auto. don't expect it to be quick :lol: nice and comfortable though.

difference from the galant range though, they have a FAR better suspension set up, no bloody leaf suspension, & a mildly adjustable front end. they have a slightly wider track to. & when compared to the GC/GD range... they are not that much heavier at all! barely 100kg. think about it, most people put more than that into a car with all the bolt in jizzo (stereo, heavy mags blah blah).

Oh... and don't forget, being a GH... damn they look hot :twisted:

Nick.
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
karl_2ltgc

Post by karl_2ltgc »

Stockers are Slow. 2.6 an 5spd is not that bad, but still slow. Expect v6 commodores to be faster.

They can be made to be a faster better thing alot easier than a galant as 81gl has said.

Sigmas are probably 150kg heavier.
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

ok, thanks guys. yeah it's the typical 2.0L auto. If I get it, will find out on monday morning, I'll def put in a 2.6, probably going the efi magna style with intention of putting turbo on later.
Initially it will just be a cruiser and something to thrash at motorkhana (grass paddock, so lack of power should actually work ok being it rwd) but yeah later want to make it a bit more flash.
I was just curious what it might do completely stock... judging by the power/torque and weight figures that I've gotten off car buddy it looks like it'd be lucky to break 15 seconds for 0-100 lol... oh well, would still be a fun project :)
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
bmxwrx

Post by bmxwrx »

Basic mods on a 2.6 gets them moving pretty well. Efi, cam and exhaust was good for a 14.3 with my scorpion.