bore size on sigma struts?

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
kenvv

bore size on sigma struts?

Post by kenvv »

i need to know the bore hole diameter. im looking at a set of wheels with bore hole of 73mm.

would that clear my bore on the hubs? i think im running GH struts in my galant.
vrooooom vrooooom!!
GLANT

Re: bore size on sigma struts?

Post by GLANT »

fit like a glove! just got some adaptors made for my gj sigm....he said to me all sigmas the same :D
1972 GA GALANT/COLT, with a VR4 4G63T 151kw atw :-)
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

fair enough. the performance challengers i had didnt fit over the centre bore. rim diameter was to small for hub. will 73mm definately fit over the hub bore? im currently unable to measure them up as dont have car at moment.
vrooooom vrooooom!!
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

GLANT wrote:fit like a glove! just got some adaptors made for my gj sigm....he said to me all sigmas the same :D
Well he's wrong.

Read this topic. Strut offset differences
kenvv wrote:i think im running GH struts in my galant.
If they are GH struts, it will have a 3 bolt attachment at the base of the strut. If it's a 2 bolt setup then it the later GK type of strut.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

hey dave,
that thread doenst give me the info i need.

i need this measurement....

i would measure it myself if i had the car but its at the mechanic bout an hour away. pain in the ass and i fly out for work monday so wont have time to check it myself.
is there a difference in this dimension between the GH and GK struts?

you can actually see in the picture where i started bolting the challengers on and it got on about 4mm before i realized it wasnt going to clear this section without stripping threads
vrooooom vrooooom!!
A112H

Post by A112H »

I have 4 GH struts here, 2 with square hubs and 2 with round hubs and they all measure 67mm
GLANT

Post by GLANT »

wheel bloke(he said) all sigmas same!...i trust no one anymore!! :facepalm: lol and 73 would definitely fit over a 67....should run a spacer ring though!! my wheels ranout without spacer rings, like bad wheel balance
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

really. with the offset wheels im thinking of ordering i cant afford to run a spacer on the rear. will be to far out guards for the old girl to handle.

well if they clear im happy. thinking of ordering these in hyper silver or the black/red combo, 15x8 +0 and 15x7 +15. dont really want to run +0 on the front as the guards seem much smaller. opinions? getting the car sprayed ve dark green as been pursuaded away from black......
been quoted at $780 posted to my door. not to bad for new wheels as im having trouble sourcing all the wheels i like.

http://www.xxrwheels.com/sportmax_513.shtml

otherwise im watching these
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWAX:IT
vrooooom vrooooom!!
GLANT

Post by GLANT »

sacer ring adapts hub spigot to hub hole to make wheel locate accurately with hub, for a true running wheel...it not spacing wheel out at all.. :D :D i was running 17x8 +20 rubbed like crazy (on full lock, rubbed inner foot well area and front valance) even after flaring guards :( :( have on my sigma now... :D :D
Those wheels you have choosen, will look great! i like! :D
A112H

Post by A112H »

Not a spacer but an insert. It is a ring that fills the gap between the rim and hub. The centre bore on your rims is 73mm and the hub is 67mm there for leaving a 3mm gap to be filled. Like a spigot bearing in your crank. I have some plastic ones you can have if you like but I really don't think they are needed, I have never used them anyway, lol
GLANT

Post by GLANT »

lol!!jason and i typing at sametime :D :D
A112H

Post by A112H »

You know what they say "great minds think alike" :thumpsup:
GLANT

Post by GLANT »

i must admit jason, i never had used them before either :think: ....on smaller rims like my bathursts never ever! but on a low profile large wheel!! they were needed.... omg i thought i was going insane erratic out of balance from day to day...spacers in alloy solved prob straight away :thumpsup: :D
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

well im only running 15" and not 17" so hopefully can run a stretched or small side wall tyre to minimise scrubbing. dont the GC's have bigger guards han the GA and GB anyway?

ahhh now i know what your talking about. mate couldnt figure out one day why his new rims wouldnt fit and eventually under the dust and grease noticed this pain in the ass plastic ring that we hadnt seen before. took it off and fit fine :thumpsup: will see how i go. if have some issues i will hit you up jason. cheers

good reponse and help peeps. all questions answered!!!!!! cheers
vrooooom vrooooom!!
A112H

Post by A112H »

Check out my build thread Ken, I updated it this morning with pics of my hardtop with 15x8 +0 offset rims on the front :)
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

will do!!!!
vrooooom vrooooom!!
Tshepi

Post by Tshepi »

Hi guys I have a Galant I believe it a sigma GH,I am new to all this.Got the car from my uncle some 3 months back now I want to have some 17" mags on it but unfortunately the rim I want the dealer will not sell to me without the knowledge of my offset.Can someone please help with the offset of my car.