Sigma drawings

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
ddt

Sigma drawings

Post by ddt »

There's already a thread with some sigma drawings, but that thread was intended for galant pics and is in the galant section so i thought the sigma section deserves it's own one too!

Well, the family and kids are overseas for 6 weeks which means i can waste time doing 'unproductive' stuff like polishing rims and trying to get my artistic mojo back.

I've just finished it now. The rabbit is a character I've had for years, so far he only exists in loose drawings and birthday cards etc but I hope one day i can let him have an adventure (complete with outrageous chase scenes involving his trusty sigma wagon!). :P
(pic seems to come up a bit bright in Internet explorer, on my PC at least, but nevermind)
Last edited by ddt on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
A112H

Re: Sigma drawings

Post by A112H »

Thats awesome mate, love the bunny. I have a similar thing, he is a surfie guy that has been in sketches for years but never made it further.
I wanna see some more over the next 6 weeks :)
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

That's a very good pic.
I'm impressed :thumpsup:
ddt wrote:There's already a thread with some sigma drawings, but that thread was intended for galant pics and is in the galant section so i thought the sigma section deserves it's own one too!
Maybe something might need to be done about that :think:
Maybe a collective drawing post?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
ddt

Post by ddt »

Been seeing lots of cool colourful signatures pop up on S-G these days so thought i'd make my own too.
I wanted it banner style so it didn't take up too much room. I thought having the rabbit peeling off a massive launch in the wagon would be suitable.

'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
A112H

Post by A112H »

Thats very cool :thumpsup:
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

man ive never seen any cool pics/drawings of siggys..is there any more??
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
84GKSIG
Admin

Post by 84GKSIG »

thats awesome its always nice to see some mad skills :thumpsup:

M.B :thumpsup:
ghuphill

Post by ghuphill »

very nice i like your style :thumpsup: :thumpsup: :thumpsup:
ddt

Post by ddt »

Thanks a lot guys, glad you like em.
I had an idea for an 'Astron-man' comic strip ages ago which i thought would be amusing -if i can ever overcome the massive motivational down-forces then i might have a crack at it some day. Until that happens I'll be just doing the odd sigma drawing here and there.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Hey ddt, I would like to submit my surfie comic nemisis for a rabbit companion if your keen, not sure it is a good team?
That might be the key?
ddt

Post by ddt »

Yeah, man -i'd really like to see your characters and ideas.
As i mentioned above the Astron-man character i had in mind was gonna be like a normal guy that transforms into Astron-man (kind of like the Hulk). He doesn't really have any super-powers except for being able to do amazing things with an Astron motor with a snap of his fingers. Mainly he was supposed to help people out but he'd have a nemesis like Falcadore man or Bogan-dore man or something!

The rabbit was supposed be in a much darker comic world inhabited by mysterious 1930's era gangster types and ninja foot-soldiers which are all out to get him -but he doesn't know why. He packs twin revolvers and drives a sigma wagon.

What's your surfie character all about?
A112H

Post by A112H »

Hadn't really though about it that hard to be honest, he just sorta turnded up, lol. Think I need to see the Dr. today so will add some pics later if I get the chance.
I guess thinking about it he used to be a surfie, maybe now with our kids massive American influence and their lack of great surfers he is more like a skatie, but I have seen him surf, :thumpsup:
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

hey guys,just a bit off topic but did they ever make those framed pics of sigma's like they do most of the other cars??
MY NEW TOY F6310
ddt

Post by ddt »

hey guys,just a bit off topic but did they ever make those framed pics of sigma's like they do most of the other cars??
I have never seen any. But it's possible there might have been a GH turbo one in the 80's?
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

i want one with a GHturbo and a gk gsr..it will look awsome!
MY NEW TOY F6310
ddt

Post by ddt »

I've been liking the old Scorpions these days so that means the rabbit gets to take a nice yellow GH scorp out drifting for a change.
Of course sunroof fitted for that glorious 'wind through the ears' feeling. :-)
Weeee!
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Very good.
You've captured the style of the car perfectly.

Going to venture into drawing Galants and Lancers anytime soon?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Sparkington
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Sparkington »

They are awesome drawings :D Thanks for sharing :D
ddt

Post by ddt »

Thanks, i made extra effort to get the lines right for the scorpion as it's such a great shape with lots of nice design details.
Going to venture into drawing Galants and Lancers anytime soon?
hmm I might give an LA lancer a crack at some point as they are quite unique looking and would be interesting to draw otherwise maybe a GD galant like Shuggy's in all its' A57 sportspack glory.
ddt

Post by ddt »

last night i got wondering how a traditional rally-scheme in the S-G colours might look on a Scorpion, so i photoshopped the yellow scorp i drew earlier.
I like it! (well i prefer it to the yellow at least). I've also got my 'radioactive tri-diamond' logo i designed a while back on it. If i ever get round to getting a turbo 2.6 in the GE wagon (or a hypo N/A), i'd definitely get some vinyl stickers made up for rear window or something.
BOOTS

Post by BOOTS »

lol....looks like DDT is the only one who knows how to draw here
ddt

Post by ddt »

i decided to have a go at drawing an LA Lancer. Here it is. It was gonna be dark green initially cos most of them seem to be that colour but red ended up looking better, i thought.
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

Hey DDT, these are realy good!!! :thumpsup:

Are you sketching with pencil etc or are these done on the pc??

cheers
'82 GJ GSR Silver (family heirloom):)
ddt

Post by ddt »

Thanks Bruggz351
Are you sketching with pencil etc or are these done on the pc??
I usually draw in pencil first and ink it. Then I scan and do the colouring on the PC. I use coloured markers sometimes too but I find them a bit troublesome for colouring cars because you get the paper texture come through when you scan.
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

Love your work..

Don't have a creative bone in my body when it comes to artwork, but, I can appreciate the time you have put in to do this for S-G and truly appreciate your effort.

People give back in different ways, just wish more people did. Makes for a better community.

Doesn't always have to be about "how fast" or "how many RWkw" your car makes, although that helps the new members believe in the fact that the older mitsubishi's and Chryslers are worth the effort, it's helping another member out that will stick in the mind far longer.

Cheers.
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

New postby Superscan811 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:33 pm
Love your work..

Don't have a creative bone in my body when it comes to artwork, but, I can appreciate the time you have put in to do this for S-G and truly appreciate your effort.

People give back in different ways, just wish more people did. Makes for a better community.

Doesn't always have to be about "how fast" or "how many RWkw" your car makes, although that helps the new members believe in the fact that the older mitsubishi's and Chryslers are worth the effort, it's helping another member out that will stick in the mind far longer.

Cheers.
:thumpsup: :thumpsup:
'82 GJ GSR Silver (family heirloom):)
ddt

Post by ddt »

Haven't drawn anything for a long while so thought it was time to draw the wagon again and maybe update my banner.
The wagon is actually running Globe montego rims (from GH turbo) but they are tricky to draw -so drew some generic JDM style barrels instead :P
BAC013

Post by BAC013 »

I like your drawing style DDT, very nice.

Here is one of my car i finally finished a while back

ddt

Post by ddt »

Nice one, bac013 -super smooth! :thumpsup: You should put up some others you have too.
BAC013

Post by BAC013 »

Thanks mate, more can be found here: http://www.jetpacdezign.com/renderings.htm