Customized Sigma

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
DanTurboLancer

Customized Sigma

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Ok I think we may all agree, this is a heavily modified Sigma, Well body wise atleast...

But is it for good, or bad???

TVM006

Re: Customized Sigma

Post by TVM006 »

WTF?

Bad
TVMDouble0h!Sixx

1985 GK GSR
Astrolux

Post by Astrolux »

Hawwww thats soooo awesome!!!!!!

not. lololol
....../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\....
..._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_..
../_/\_\...../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\...
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

aids :hit:
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

umm what the .... is that piece of....?????????
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
ghuphill

Post by ghuphill »

you really dont wanna be mean about it but when it looks that bad ,what the f@#k else can you say. phew!! he must get some looks in it,haha
TVM006

Post by TVM006 »

wouldnt it be funny if he was a member on here
TVMDouble0h!Sixx

1985 GK GSR
tubby

Post by tubby »

not a fan
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

yuck
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Ok now go back and take a second longer look.

Someone has gone to alot of trouble to do these modifications.

Check out the Aerial, Bonnet flutes,
The rear door moulds.

Im not saying it appeals to me.
But it is definitely modified ;)

Its a Newcastle car.
As far as I know its not a members car
woops

Post by woops »

DanTurboLancer wrote:Ok now go back and take a second longer look.

Someone has gone to alot of trouble to do these modifications.

Check out the Aerial, Bonnet flutes,
The rear door moulds.

Im not saying it appeals to me.
But it is definitely modified ;)

Its a Newcastle car.
As far as I know its not a members car
I would have to agree with Dan. The modifications appear to be pretty well done modifications. Just not tasteful modifications. The fibreglass work on the front spoiler, aerial, bonnet and along the side on the front guards and doors where the rubber trim was has been done well. I think his biggest mistake in the modifications has been the front grill and headlights. And the fact that he had riced up a eighties car. Those mods are much more suitable for an excel or civic rather then an angular sigma.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
MatchboxCar

Post by MatchboxCar »

That's hideous. And hilarious. As others sais, it looks *neat*, but neat don't always mean pretty :lol: Grille is horrific!
milotan

Post by milotan »

Gross
si81gma

Post by si81gma »

:banh: :banh: :banh: i cant get away from this thing, what a waste of a tidy sigma, chaeck out the v8 badge on the bonnet :facepalm:
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I don't want to bag the car. Each to their own and all that.
I have seen it up close, and the workmanship is very good.
I have seen this car getting around my area for years, at least 8.
The work has stood up very well.
It used to be all that metallic green.
Maybe someone decided to paint parts of it black to conceal some of the mods?

Just for the record, I'm not a fan of changing the body lines on a car (like cutting the rear guards on an XP Falcon coupe so they are round to run wider tyres, or flaring the guards on an EH Holden to run 7 or 8 inch kidney/jelly bean wheels.
Some things on a car should just be left alone.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

This car, redefined the "BAD" word... :ban:

GS/R power
crystalmeths

Post by crystalmeths »

looks like pretty good workmanship but sadly for my taste its a big fat NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

Credit for the effort and detail.......but (especially on the headlight surrounds) Ricer much? Ide expect that from a Honda

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

si81gma wrote::banh: :banh: :banh: i cant get away from this thing, what a waste of a tidy sigma, chaeck out the v8 badge on the bonnet :facepalm:
this thing is really F@#KD UP! sorry to say(actually no im not) :lol: :lol: :hit:
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

im sorry!! but i cant stop looking and writing ....how is that workmanship??i agree to dissaree!! :banh: :banh:
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

ISKA8 wrote:how is that workmanship??
It fits into the theory 'Just because you can, does it mean you should?'

If you read everyone's comments they all agree, the body work is done well, it's just that no one, so far, likes the end result of what it looks like.

There are other cars like this in Newcastle. There is an early Toyota Liteace with custom body work like this. It also has a heap of custom paintwork to go with it. It looks a little better then the one pictured above here too. I still laugh everytime I see it though. Anyone else seen it? It lives in Mayfield.

I think there's an early L300 somewhere too? From memory full flared guards and skirts on it?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
A112H

Post by A112H »

Sigma's aren't my cup 'o' tea at the best of times but this guy has gone out of his way to make and ugly kid feel worse :lol:
Workmanship ... Maybe.
Craftsmanship ....... Not a chance!
si81gma

Post by si81gma »

75wagon wrote:It fits into the theory 'Just because you can, does it mean you should?'

Dave...
+1. The green paint and the dirty wheels don't help it any either...
1979GE

Post by 1979GE »

I think its Great, The owner has put alot of effort into it and would be proud aswell, its better then a stock sigma with a set of mags on it, hes made it completely hes own, i dont like the color but i appreciate the time and effort put into it to make itsomething else, and you are all talking about it wich is what hes probably going for. i hope he isnt a member of this site and reads the crap comments about hes car, i come here to see what people have done with sigmas, but most of the time its always negative comments.
MatchboxCar

Post by MatchboxCar »

I think the general consensus is that it's technically good, but just not aesthetically our cup of tea. It's like art, nothing define's what is 'good' other than whether people like it. I can appreciate the time and effort that has gone into it.

I don't like it, but there again like a previous poster I'm not mad for Sigma's anyway. I can see that it's pretty well done, technically good and neat, but like a tacky bogan Walkinshaw, I don't like it ;-)
ghuphill

Post by ghuphill »

1979GE wrote:I think its Great, The owner has put alot of effort into it and would be proud aswell, its better then a stock sigma with a set of mags on it, hes made it completely hes own, i dont like the color but i appreciate the time and effort put into it to make itsomething else, and you are all talking about it wich is what hes probably going for. i hope he isnt a member of this site and reads the crap comments about hes car, i come here to see what people have done with sigmas, but most of the time its always negative comments.
a stock sigma with a clean body and shiny paint and some factory mags is asweet looking car,take a ge ,gh gj all of them ,lowerd on pws or pepperpots ,look sweet,i can sort of understand the work involved ,just look at most of the sigmas on this site with pws or peperpots they just look spot on immaculate or not but each to their own ,thats my 2cents worth i think the sigma /galantboys would know what i mean ,i agree with dave leave the body stock dont cut nothing up ,but that cars funny to look at. :lol:
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

si81gma wrote:
75wagon wrote:It fits into the theory 'Just because you can, does it mean you should?'

Dave...
in regards to the comments about the car, i somewhat agree with 1979GE.

Then again ask yourself this guys? what do non sigma enthusiasts say about about us owning or building a sigma?... it would be something along the lines as to what dave said, as ive copped it myself.

comes down to opinion people!

Everyone's entitled to there own, although i do think that maybe we could tone down the negativity maybe??? even though i probably done it myself. haha.
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
A112H

Post by A112H »

^^^ Sorry Mum :hit:
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

GeeSea wrote:Everyone's entitled to there own, although i do think that maybe we could tone down the negativity maybe??? even though i probably done it myself. haha.
I see what you are saying GeaSea, it is a bit rough that everyone seems like they are having a go.
But, I think you will find that the majority think that it's not too bad, but it's 'just not their cup of tea' if you know what I mean?

I remember seeing this car when it was first done. I don't know whether the guy I saw driving it was the builder or someone did it for him?
When I first saw the car, it was all the same colour. I think it looked better then. Being all one colour seemed to show the mods that were done to the car better.
The colour is a subtle one, and I don't think the large areas of black help the look of the car? I almost looks like someone have tried to disguise the mods?

The looks of this car would be improved with a wheel change (something bigger and bolder), Maybe a tail light upgrade to that off a later model (the look of the whole car looks like it has tried to be modernised so why not the tail lights?). Remove the rear spoiler as it also looks to old sckool for the look of the car, I'd go for something more like the style of the original GSR spoiler (suits the squarer shape of the car better)
Other things that may improve the look (if you've gone this far you may as well finish the job), shave the door handles, drop the suspension, put more holes in the front bar (3 isn't enough), paint the mesh in the grill black, increase the size of the headlight holes in the front, a bit more work to the front headlight grill area (it just doesn't quite look finished or resolved), maybe remove the Commodore centre grill pattern too. Reduce the amount the front spoiler sticks out, or take it back off and refit it lower and closer to the front wheels.
Paint the mirrors gloss black to blend better with the rear door quarter glass treatment, while of the rear quarter treatment, remove the curve from it (not one thing on this car has a curve, so why try to put one there?).

It may sound like I'm slamming this car but I'm not. I like to think of it as constructive criticism :think:

Car customising is a really difficult thing, anyone can copy a car design or style that they know looks good. That's why so many just do the same old thing. I hate that.
But in saying that, you can't half do something.
When you make a statement like this you must be prepared for criticism. Some will like it, and some wont.
I'm all for customising things :thumpsup:
I wish I had the balls to do it myself?

I have found it interesting since I put the new mags on my Lancer. Some people love them, some hate them (it's about 50/50 so far). I've even had a bloke tell me that buy putting white wheels on my car that I'm advertising that I'm gay? lol
The fact is, I like the wheels and it doesn't bother me that others don't.
I'm sure the guy who owns this car is the same.
I bet his car generates conversation wherever he goes?
GeeSea wrote:Then again ask yourself this guys? what do non sigma enthusiasts say about about us owning or building a sigma?... it would be something along the lines as to what dave said, as ive copped it myself.
I have copped that sort of thing for years. Why a Galant, why don't you put your efforts and money into a good car?
I don't really care? I'm not doing it because I think it will be worth a lot of money, I don't think I'll ever get my money back. I like my cars, and if others do to that's great, but that's enough for me.

Dave...
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

1979GE wrote:I think its Great, The owner has put alot of effort into it and would be proud aswell, its better then a stock sigma with a set of mags on it, hes made it completely hes own, i dont like the color but i appreciate the time and effort put into it to make itsomething else, and you are all talking about it wich is what hes probably going for. i hope he isnt a member of this site and reads the crap comments about hes car, i come here to see what people have done with sigmas, but most of the time its always negative comments.

so if i stick a golf club in my arse put a pair of your grannies undies on my head and go out in public and have people talk about how i look this would be a good thing right ???

would it make a difference if i insert the club with a high level of workmanship ??

this car is an automotive example of the above comment
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust